PM Prayut shows off to the media his expensive Seiko wristwatch

webfact

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Things that are needed to run thailand with a firm hand.

Thais don't get democracy. A declared seiko watch is hardly corrupt.

Not doing anything about corruption amongst his ministers and family are issues larger than a Seiko watch. 

53 minutes ago, superglue said:

A Seiko is not exactly top shelf. Try Omega and Rolex.

The top of the line Seiko movement is as good as if not better than Rolex, Omega movement not in the same class :shock1: I wonder which Japanese company originally purchased it?

1 hour ago, superglue said:

A Seiko is not exactly top shelf. Try Omega and Rolex.

250,000 B Seiko is top shelf to me. All I get for 20 years of service to my company is a 50,000 B Seiko. Just how many ordinary bloke can afford a 250,000 B watch. Perhaps only generals with a love for watches and a big bank account. 

It seems that his sense of humour is out of sync with the majority of the Thai people. They are concerned that the DPM and defence minister, who wields enormous power appears to have made false assets declarations and has accumulated wealth that is difficult to explain on an army salary.  This comes on top of a number of scandals relating to Prayut's family and inner circle.  Most Thais do not think this is a laughing matter.     

“How about the next time I wear an alarm clock around my neck.”

Reminds me of an episode of Cactus Island when Keating was PM.  He collected clocks.  His wife, Anita the Clog, in answer to a question about how he didn't seem to be able to stop buying more clocks replied.  “Yes, he has always been a clock sucker.”  Who would have thought these two PMs would have something in common?

4 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

Things that are needed to run thailand with a firm hand.

Thais don't get democracy. A declared seiko watch is hardly corrupt.

They said the same thing about South America and some countries in Eastern Europe. It seems to be working quite well now. Reason? They took a very dim view on corruption and are constantly battling to limit it. Democracy works just fine in Thailand. It's only corruption that doesn't work. 

They said the same thing about South America and some countries in Eastern Europe. It seems to be working quite well now. Reason? They took a very dim view on corruption and are constantly battling to limit it. Democracy works just fine in Thailand. It's only corruption that doesn't work. 
Other way around. Corruption works like a charm.. It's democracy that falls down
Maybe your a tourist so a good tip is due diligence on bangkok burning.. Yellow vs red etc

Democracy is a good 20 years away for thais
They are just to dumb to understand it at this stage

50 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Other way around. Corruption works like a charm.. It's democracy that falls down
Maybe your a tourist so a good tip is due diligence on bangkok burning.. Yellow vs red etc

Democracy is a good 20 years away for thais
They are just to dumb to understand it at this stage

They are lazy and uneducated about legitimate leadership. They will not stand up all together and put a end to these characters. Let's face reality. The oldies are cashing in.

11 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Is he a comedian or the leader of the country. He had the audience of the country for a very serious matter and talking the mickey is out of place, devoid of decorum and completely juvenile. 

The subject of his watches was not a very serious matter and joking about having a comparatively inexpensive watch was not "out of place", devoid of decorum, neither was it juvenile.

11 hours ago, rkidlad said:

He was definitely, absolutely and unequivocally bragging. Zero doubt about that. No doubt at all. 

No he wasn't, read the OP again, he says definitely, absolutely and unequivocally that he was joking.

Edited by Just Weird

9 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No he wasn't, read the OP again, he says definitely, absolutely and unequivocally that he was joking.

inexpensive watch? it was 250,000 baht or over 800 working days at 300baht minimum wage. He has a number of others, all more expensive.

some can't tell the difference between joking and sarcasm, while others are sheep and follow whatever they are told.

inexpensive watch? it was 250,000 baht or over 800 working days at 300baht minimum wage. He has a number of others, all more expensive.

some can't tell the difference between joking and sarcasm, while others are sheep and follow whatever they are told.
He's come up through the ranks like anyone else, whats the problem?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk