old and new passport

Good morning,

Just did a visa run through Ban Laem, got a visa exempt and extended it at Chaeng Watthana, extension until January 20th. After extending I got my new passport at French Embassy, which means my entry stamp and extension stamp are still in the old ( invalidated ) passport.

I am planning to do a border run to ban Laem on January 19th or 20th, to get a new visa exempt.

The agency told me that there will be an additional fee of 1700 baht for putting the exit stamp in my new passport, which I do not understand.

1. Does this fee only apply at Ban Laem crossing, Cambodian crossings or all crossings?

2. If I fly in and out by air, does this fee apply too?

3. I remember last year in and out flights the same day were banned, but not sure if this rule was implemented or not

Any advice is appreciated

kind regards

18 minutes ago, torsten brack said:

The agency told me that there will be an additional fee of 1700 baht for putting the exit stamp in my new passport, which I do not understand.

If you have a letter from the embassy stating you got a new passport from them you could go to Chaeng Wattana immigration to have your stamps transferred to you new passport since you got the 30 day extension.

No need to pay 1700 baht to have it done.

5 minutes ago, torsten brack said:

I am aware of the possibility to do it at Chaeng Wattana, but I was told they would also transfer my previous visas history. Do you have any information about that?

The will not transfer anything more than your current entry and extension stamps.

7 minutes ago, torsten brack said:

Ok, I thought i saw a post some months ago saying they transfered a summary of previous visas too. Unfortunately I can not find the post again.

That was false information. They do not do it.