Chinese Tourists Could Cause Years of Misery for Thai Airports

webfact

It used to be the 70s backpackers. Old people grumbled about their hair length and espoused quality over quantity. But backpackers bought street food and kept the economy going at the lower levels. Then it was the Russians and their habit of buying vodka at 7-11. Now the Chinese. Will the complaints from geriatrics never cease?

• Haha 1

Last time I was in Samet I stayed at a hotel with a large number of swedish and chinese guests. I kid you not the swedes would be at the pool parking their towels on all loungers at 6.30-7am. The chinese would all come rushing out and be too late, so you had this hilarious scene of 100 chinese standing behind the swedes fuming and shouting, every morning. Good breakfast entertainment

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 12/22/2017 at 8:05 AM, StayinThailand2much said:

Chinese like free and cheap things. (I know, cause I lived more than two years in China.) They love Thailand, cause it's cheaper than their own "Hawaii" Hainan.

Have to cringe at all these Farangs wingeing about the Chinese . At least they are not pedo , sex , alcoholic degenerate sexpats as most of the westerners in Pattaya and indeed most of Thailand seem to be .

On 12/22/2017 at 7:26 AM, Valentine said:

The Chinese are making very few people mega rich (likely more mega rich than they already are) as the tours only go to selected places to shop, eat & visit. The man on the street does not benefit the same as they used to when they were able to attract walk by customers.

Beats me what they want to shop for and eat that is not already in their own country?

Is it the red rice that I eat here ?? The Wall probably looks a lot like the ancient wats here???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sklmeeera said:

Have to cringe at all these Farangs wingeing about the Chinese . At least they are not pedo , sex , alcoholic degenerate sexpats as most of the westerners in Pattaya and indeed most of Thailand seem to be .

:clap2:

p.s. you forgot the Farang criminals.

On 12/22/2017 at 7:03 AM, mok199 said:

greedy Thai's all wanted a piece of the ''Chinese pie'', all those Chinese with money and new passports,was easy pickings for thailand......what Thailand got was the whole enchilada,...

And the diarrhea that inevitably follows....

2 hours ago, Ricardo said:

But the 70s backpackers are now the modern-day grumpies, and many of us welcome the chance the ordinary Chinese now have, to travel !  They'll learn from the experience, just like we did !

Excellent idea, if the numbers do keep rising, dedicated Chinese-speaking Immigration-officers & queues ! :thumbsup:

Perhaps time to stop hanging-round in pedo-bars in Pattaya, and get out to see the rest of Thailand, and meet the vast majority of the farang-community, who IME are not as you describe ! :whistling:

Apropos of which, do they have water-buffalo (or their exotic xeno-equivalent) on Planet Klingon, I wonder ? :cool:

And we also dont see geriatric and handicapped 70 year old Chinese men chasing teenage prostitutes like we see the western men in Pattaya and other places in Thailand . Someone should run those geriatric pedos down and lock them up . 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

YOU mix with the wrong people 95%of the people i know are married ,have kids and for a real wild day ,go shopping in Tesco:sleep:

Yes because they married those teeny hookers they were running around with . Yes I know many of them . And they didnt tell mummy she was a prostitute either . ;)

Edited by sklmeeera
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, marquis22 said:

Beats me what they want to shop for and eat that is not already in their own country?

Is it the red rice that I eat here ?? The Wall probably looks a lot like the ancient wats here???

Strange post. Where do you expect them to eat when they are on holiday or are you saying they should not come at all? In Phuket the latex shops do big business with the Chinese as do selected boat trips, jewellery stores.

9 hours ago, sklmeeera said:

Yes because they married those teeny hookers they were running around with . Yes I know many of them . And they didnt tell mummy she was a prostitute either . ;)

I think you are a very bad and grumpy old man most of farang just live a normal life here and you speak very bad about Thai ladies not meny ladies work prostitute normal job are for normal people 

I pitty you nobody likes you na 

• Like 2

On 22/12/2017 at 8:00 AM, mercman24 said:

yes it is all regimented, they are like sheep being herded around by flag waving guides,its a shame realy, they only get to see what the itinery dictates, ever see a chinese person eating street food, i fish a lake at Lat Krabang, and beside it is a chinese restaurant, every 30 minutes a coach load of chinese would pull up,  must gobble their grub down as right behind them was another bus full,waiting their turn, so the dollar tours are still thriving, putting jack shit into the economy

so what, their hard luck 

On 25/12/2017 at 9:40 PM, bert bloggs said:

YOU mix with the wrong people 95%of the people i know are married ,have kids and for a real wild day ,go shopping in Tesco:sleep:

Tame day that is. I can hit Tesco, Makro and Foodland in one day and still drink a beer or two when I get home.

On 12/22/2017 at 10:11 AM, Zack61 said:

Nothing worse than arriving into one of the airports at the same time as a few plane loads of Chinese tourists. My worst nightmare. But they do tend to flock together and leave some queues shorter than others rather the split the pack. 

No problem. Just carry a sign in Chinese  saying :

" Today only, free seafood "  with a big arrow underneath.

Stick this at the front of the Chinese filled queue you are stuck in with the arrow pointing off somewhere else . You'll soon be at the front.

• Haha 1

My observation over the last few months.
The Tour companies arrange everything, hotel, local tours, big buffet food tables, Big shopping center tours, everything is taken care of.
One exception may be 7-11 and Family Marts as they seem to need a lot of snacks.

With the arrangement like above less than 30-40% of local Thai businesses benefit from these "Tour Groups", just look around do you see any on their own? Oh you may see a group , but most likely they have been bused to a place to shop and are on a schedule via their tour group bus.

This leaves well over 50% of the businesses on Samui who gain basically nothing from this tourist boom. A perfect example is Natorn, tour buses are waiting at the pier to whisk the New arrivals on their per booked tours and hotels.

Just take a look around they don't travel in hordes any longer, they are in organized groups.

The locals, with few exceptions see none of this business just the big hotels and tour organizer.
Need proof just come to Natorn, even when a cruse ship comes in  they are whisked away in prearranged buses and vans waiting for them as the tour ?? has already been arranged on the ship.

All cruise ships mooring at Nathon organize their own tours, many even bring their own bycicles. This is due to exorbitant taxi fares and very unsafe 'around the island' tours.

The chinese-only cruise ship a few weeks ago was full with affluent chinese and they bought more than many western/australian cs passengers.

Samui doesn't have that many cheap chinese tours as other parts of the country, but more individual travellers with money, also many very wealthy hkg chinese.

Also have a look at how many hotels and restaurant at chaweng beach are catering to the wealthy chinese (in their language) recently.

The picture you are drawing above describes more the malay-chinese groups which are coming here for a long time already.

Sent from my ASUS_X008D using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 12/22/2017 at 5:16 AM, webfact said:

But the change will take years and even then may fail to keep up with soaring visitor numbers that have given the Land of Smiles a reputation for delays, overcrowding and government crackdowns.

living on the near edge of the center of the thai golden triangle, i can assure you that the chinese hordes cause much more trouble for all of us than surfaced here;

among their many stellar habits is walking in the streets even tho just fine sidewalks are present;

we sometimes have to elbow our way into 7-11s

1 hour ago, longtom said:

All cruise ships mooring at Nathon organize their own tours, many even bring their own bycicles. This is due to exorbitant taxi fares and very unsafe 'around the island' tours.

The chinese-only cruise ship a few weeks ago was full with affluent chinese and they bought more than many western/australian cs passengers.

Samui doesn't have that many cheap chinese tours as other parts of the country, but more individual travellers with money, also many very wealthy hkg chinese.

Also have a look at how many hotels and restaurant at chaweng beach are catering to the wealthy chinese (in their language) recently.

The picture you are drawing above describes more the malay-chinese groups which are coming here for a long time already.

Sent from my ASUS_X008D using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

"
The chinese-only cruise ship a few weeks ago was full with affluent chinese and they bought more than many western/australian cs passengers. " Stats please.

6 minutes ago, YetAnother said:

living on the near edge of the center of the thai golden triangle, i can assure you that the chinese hordes cause much more trouble for all of us than surfaced here;

among their many stellar habits is walking in the streets even tho just fine sidewalks are present;

we sometimes have to elbow our way into 7-11s

Same in Pattaya.  I just stay away from them though, unless I occasionally pick one up at one of the five star hotels.  Real freaks!!!