grey lighting

lovelomsak

The other day when i got up turned on the kitchen light is was not very bright more grew very bad lighting where as in the past it was bright.I thought maybe bulb or something is getting old. That night I noticed all the lights were grew not bright as in the past.

I saw a young man doing something with the meters on the pole near our house last week where are meter is.Looks like they removed a meter there was 3 now there are 2.

I was wondering is it possible this greying is from an other houses using our power and draining the power.

What ever the problem is I want to get it fixed. the lighting is so bad hard to see to read and some times with my eyes simply cannot read in that light.

All help will ne apreciated .

What kind of bulbs?  If they are incandescent, that would indicate lower voltage than normal.  F-light and LED would be difficult to see much difference.  If you have multi-meter, measure the voltage when the lights are normal and again when "grey".

13 hours ago, lovelomsak said:

Grey is the normal now.

It is all flourescent lighting.

Do you have a multimeter? Check the supply voltage, it should be around 220V AC.

If it's really low then fluorescents with conventional ballasts will take longer to / won't start at all.

Are you noticing any other problems, fans running slow, PC UPS beeping a lot?

EDIT Also, it may be worth visiting an optician. Lights dim, but they don't often go grey.

Archived