Gary Monk sacked at Boro

champers

General consensus is that Monk wanted to spend in Jan and change the playing style. Boro's current players are more 'hoof it'/hard workers....therefore Gibson would prefer a manager more suited to current playing style rather than spending loads on new guys suited to Monk's ideas.....Cheaper to change manager than to change team.:sad:

13 hours ago, wilai said:

General consensus is that Monk wanted to spend in Jan and change the playing style. Boro's current players are more 'hoof it'/hard workers....therefore Gibson would prefer a manager more suited to current playing style rather than spending loads on new guys suited to Monk's ideas.....Cheaper to change manager than to change team.:sad:

He is happy to keep the status quo then.

Can't blame him really as they are a second rate side.

As a Boro fan, there are a lot of us who felt that Monk just wasn't up to the job - the team need someone who will kick them up the backside, and he wasn't doing it. The chairman, Steve Gibson,  spent around 50 million on new players in the summer, so I assume Monk had some input over who was signed then, and if he didn't he is an even worse manager than I thought he was !

I saw a few comments from Swansea fans on Boro forums, when he first arrived, and they were full of what a trouble causer he was, who divided dressing rooms, and how he had been telling tales about the players to the chairman of the club, which ended up where the players simply wouldn't play for him.  Boro have been under performing all season, it's been even worse to watch than when Karanka was in charge. It's about time the chairman grew a pair and got rid of a manager who should never have been appointed in the first place.

Most of us, (from what I see on various Boro fan forums), are hoping that we will get an experienced manager, instead of the usual complete novices that Gibson usually goes for. Tony Pulis has been mentioned, as a contender, and while I'm not a fan of the way his teams play, he can't be worse than the last few managers we've had, and at least he will put some fire in the team, if he gets the job.

Even the commentator on the last televised game, mentioned that Boro should not be so far down the table, with the team we have, and the money that has been spent. That is down to Monk, and his management team.

Up the  Boro !    :D