cannot remove bug, comments & advice appreciated

scorecard

I have Adaware and  Malwarebites installed and running and they occasionally find nasties and I delete the nasties.

I regularly have another 'event',  suddenly on the left side of the screen several 5Baht coin size multiple swirling circles followed by numerous and different screens thrown all over my screen, some are screens I've used, many are screens from websites I've never opened before, plus my gmail inbox list starts scrolling and the font becomes huge, plus multi dot 'apps' icon seems to remotely activate throwing big size apps. icons all over my screen. All of this starting and stopping.

I've done additional scans with Adaware and Malwarebytes but their reports indicate no threats etc.

The only way I've found to counter this is by switching off the power, waiting a minute then full re-start. Then within maybe 5 minutes / maybe a few hours it all happens again.

I've googled to try to find advice on this specific problem but with no success, any comments and advice much appreciated. Thanks.

Posting a screen capture might help with the identification, as your description of the event doesn't ring any bells. (See if your PC has "Snipping Tool" as an app in the Microsoft Windows accessories folder, as it's great for capturing screens, windows or selected marque areas that you can then save or copy/paste as a graphic image for others to see).

Is this happening on the desktop, or from within an Internet browser. If within a browser, have you tried running a different browser after restarting? Or checked to see what add-on or extensions the browser is running?

41 minutes ago, RichCor said:

Posting a screen capture might help with the identification, as your description of the event doesn't ring any bells. (See if your PC has "Snipping Tool" as an app in the Microsoft Windows accessories folder, as it's great for capturing screens, windows or selected marque areas that you can then save or copy/paste as a graphic image for others to see).

Is this happening on the desktop, or from within an Internet browser. If within a browser, have you tried running a different browser after restarting? Or checked to see what add-on or extensions the browser is running?

Thank you RichCor, I'll try another browser first, if no luck i'll try for some pics.

I do have the snip function and I use it a lot, the problem is that the 'interruption' happens suddenly and often finishes within a couple of seconds. I've never opened the snip function and let it sit there, I'll try that.

And I've got my smartphone ready I'll try for some pics with that.

Thanks again.

Are Malwarebytes and Adaware, the only two apps protecting your PC ?

if so maybe not enough to protect your PC,especially if both are the

Free versions.

Download  Hitman Pro,you get a free trial to remove any virus etc,

then just use for scanning. maybe you should use one of the Free

antivirus programs, Like Avast,Avira,Kaspersky, they will protect

you .

regards worgeordie

I'd suggest to start with Spy Hunter 4, run it, and then delete all. Please page if you've got questions regarding the installation. 

Once you're done, download the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, install and delete.

Here: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/free-virus-removal-tool

Download Kaspersky Internet security, the free trial version download and install and enjoy your machine. 

https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/internet-security-free-trial

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2017 at 10:58 AM, jenny2017 said:

I'd suggest to start with Spy Hunter 4, run it, and then delete all. Please page if you've got questions regarding the installation. 

Once you're done, download the Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool, install and delete.

Here: https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/free-virus-removal-tool

Download Kaspersky Internet security, the free trial version download and install and enjoy your machine. 

https://www.kaspersky.com/downloads/thank-you/internet-security-free-trial

AVOID Kaspersky at all costs.........:sorry:

On 12/24/2017 at 1:56 PM, scorecard said:

I regularly have another 'event',  suddenly on the left side of the screen several 5Baht coin size multiple swirling circles followed by numerous and different screens thrown all over my screen, some are screens I've used, many are screens from websites I've never opened before, plus my gmail inbox list starts scrolling and the font becomes huge, plus multi dot 'apps' icon seems to remotely activate throwing big size apps. icons all over my screen. All of this starting and stopping.

Sound a lot like the stupid 'Clean Master'-type app that ran on my old android phone, the animation showing what it was 'cleaning'. I'm not aware of any that run on a PC that show this type of animation.

Archived