Visa exempt ?

Hi,

My current passport has 4 SETVs in it and the last one is red stamped saying that I often travel to thailand with tourist visas.

Due to christmas I dont get my new passport before my current SETV+extension expires so I will probably have to get one visa exempt and then after that I want to get one SETV for the new passport (or the new smart visa once its officialy available).

Will I have any problems obtaining a visa exempt entry into my current passport ?

20k baht and flight+hotel booking for the re-enter are no problem and im aware that I might need that.

Whats the best way to get a visa exempt ? Im in Hua Hin currently. Money not really an issue, I just want it fast and convenient if possible.

No problem getting a visa exempt entry because of the red stamp. Based on recent reports, I would suggest the border with Myanmar at Ban Phu Nam Ron as a good place for a border hop for the 30-day permission to stay. I am assuming that you do not have two visa exempt entries by land already this year.

12 hours ago, BritTim said:

No problem getting a visa exempt entry because of the red stamp. Based on recent reports, I would suggest the border with Myanmar at Ban Phu Nam Ron as a good place for a border hop for the 30-day permission to stay. I am assuming that you do not have two visa exempt entries by land already this year.

bit of a gamble using Phu Nam Ron for a visa exempt.

op is your passport being renewed now, if so has the new one been issued

the new one will be issued in the end of january if im lucky. My visa runs out at the 25th january as well.

Its not that likely that it will be issued before the visa expires so I will most likely in the need of doing a visa exempt run.

I didnt do any visa exempt entries in the last 12 months.

Thank you for your help guys !

6 hours ago, fullofmax said:

the new one will be issued in the end of january if im lucky. My visa runs out at the 25th january as well.

Its not that likely that it will be issued before the visa expires so I will most likely in the need of doing a visa exempt run.

I didnt do any visa exempt entries in the last 12 months.

Thank you for your help guys !

Won't affect you, but for others - as long as the next visa-exempt is on/after Jan 1, any visa-exempts from 2016 would not be counted.  The limit is 2 per "calendar-year" - not per "12 mo."

So my plan as of now is to spend a couple of days in Hongkong with my old passport.

Should I try to get a new SETV there ? I searched abit around and there were mostly positive review about the thai embassy in hongkong.

If I cant get one then I still can fly back into thailand and get a visa exempt und pick up my new passport.