No reprieve for police officers’ sons with long sentences for killing disabled man

webfact

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see a new method for the culling system.

We use these guys to cull the kangaroos and when they are done we get the  crocodiles to cull them.

Then all we have to do is cull the crocs and export the skins to Thailand.

Win, win, all around.

Just now, silent said:

The lord works in mysterious ways here though happy.

i could potentially see the girl getting somewhere on appeal but the boys i really do doubt it this time and i know you are right but i think this has gone too public and they are just Sgts kids, no big power or money

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

However, Anantachai Chaiyadej, who represents the victim’s family, said he would appeal the verdict, claiming the sentences should all have been harsher.

Being somewhat skeptical it makes me wonder if this opens the door to reduced sentences as well.  Sure seems like there is another agenda here when 100+ years of accumulative jail time in a Thai prison is "not harsh enough".

Edited by kensisaket

2 minutes ago, alfalfa19 said:

Well, this is good to hear.  I had assumed that this case would die a slow and quiet death.   I hope the males all get mounted daily by dominant cellmates. 

37 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Is this from a personal experience ? there is NO prison in Newcastle.

regards Worgeordie

If I was to speak from personal experience id say the toon was a prison . And yes in a Thai prison the inmates dont have the same ranking in order of how bad their crime to society was . More a case of how much money/ power  a prisoner has 

42 minutes ago, Happy enough said:

i could potentially see the girl getting somewhere on appeal but the boys i really do doubt it this time and i know you are right but i think this has gone too public and they are just Sgts kids, no big power or money

You're probably right too. I was just being my normal more cynical sarcastic hole after giving up trying to make sense out of nonsense before coming here and trying to comprehend the inexplicable.  

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Initially there was widespread speculation that the defendants would get off lightly given that some of them were the sons of policemen. 

I can only assume the policemen were not high ranking or rich? :whistling: 

2 hours ago, mercman24 said:

just read the full report, sentenced for murder, not pre meditated, so the law is an ass, i read they went home to get tooled up, so how on earth cannot this be pre-meditated, the family are very angry and rightly so

And in a decade or so they will come out of jail better human beings ready to join society. 

Should be the police dad and mom to be responsible for bad parenting. All too common for police kids and the ones of the wealthy. Where is setting a good example? We can obviously see the bad ones.

Not that the two P's heading this country are setting good ones. Only do as I say, not as I do or have done big in the past. 

Anantachai Chaiyadej, who represents the victim’s family, is obviously very good at his job and really deserves future business from those of us that need a good lawyer. I seem to remember that he offered his services for free.  

Don't forget: there will inevitably be appeals to higher courts, including apparently (from the OP news report) from the victim's family seeking stiffer sentences.

Once that starts happening, in Thailand, the results can go in any direction. Convictions become acquittals. Stiff sentences get reduced, etc etc.  Especially when connected parties are involved.

Don't make final judgments/assumptions about the outcome of this case until it's really done.

And then, further down the road, of course, there's the inevitable sentence reductions and commutations based on the annual judgments that come down from on high.