Scarecrow making.

Hutch68

Hi my mate ken is currently on with a scarecrow project and is interested if anyone has made one here before in Thailand. He's open to all ideas and will be producing his product very soon hopefully he thinks the market is huge in Thailand as all the thais do is put a plastic bag on a stick.

Anyway kens been working on this for a couple of years now and is almost done but any tips on the final days of production would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance from me and ken.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 minute ago, grollies said:

I've got a pair of old crocs you can have.

They would be difficult to fix to the legs and get it to walk properly. Thanks grolls but we have gone for fury boots, that should hide the complex interior of our prototype.

Just now, KMartinHandyman said:

Has he done a cost benefit ratio between his prototype and a plastic bag on a stick?

No its just items from around the home, a few bits of that blue plastic pipe stuff, old clothes, bits of string as well as other stuff. We are struggling with the face at the moment the paper plate just keeps blowing off in the wind.

13 minutes ago, Hutch68 said:

Me and ken are alcoholic wreaks so don't worry about that mate......We get by.

There are clearly powerful scarecrow forces at work making thai visa go mad. If we all keep calm and don't rush the scarecrow construction, the alcohol may just save us all from the ghosts. 

18 hours ago, Hutch68 said:

No its just items from around the home, a few bits of that blue plastic pipe stuff, old clothes, bits of string as well as other stuff. We are struggling with the face at the moment the paper plate just keeps blowing off in the wind.

There are plenty of Bar girls on Nana that would make excellent Scarecrows.

20 hours ago, Hutch68 said:

Don't forget to patent it.

Don't have any problems with crows.  See them flocking off to roost in the evening but high in the sky.  If you can make a scarechook I would like to know how you do it.  My neighbours are great but we have a constant battle keeping their chooks out of our veggies, small rice paddy and scratching straw mulch away from everything.

14 minutes ago, AboutThaim said:

Don't have any problems with crows.  See them flocking off to roost in the evening but high in the sky.  If you can make a scarechook I would like to know how you do it.  My neighbours are great but we have a constant battle keeping their chooks out of our veggies, small rice paddy and scratching straw mulch away from everything.

That's why it has to move.

Could try one of the relatives tied to a stake and wired to a timer and mains source that gives him /her a shock every few minutes or so. The birds don't seem to get used to the scream and flailing limbs although I am thinking of trying a random time interval.