Prayut denies political deal with powerful Nakhon Pathom family

webfact

Prayut denies political deal with powerful Nakhon Pathom family

By The Nation

93b61d0468a6f67e55e01f078caab512.jpeg

PM Prayut.

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has denied he had a political deal with a political family in Nakhon Pathom after a photo of him with politicians from the family was posted on social media.

“I insist that I have no deal with anyone. My duty today is to stabilise the country but in the future it’s your choice to choose which party you want to stay with. Either with the government-led party or the opposition camp,” the premier said on Friday.

Prayut was responding to a photo posted on the Facebook account of Pheu Thai key figure Watana Muangsuk on Thursday which showed Prayut and Deputy PM Chatchai Sarikulya posing with siblings from the Sasomsub family which has a strong political base in Nakhon Pathom.

Four siblings from the family are in the photo – Padermchai, Chaiyos, Anucha and Chaiya Sasomsub. They were politicians in the now-defunct People Power Party. 

Watana did not post a caption or the date the photo was taken.

Prayut said he could not remember when he met the Sasomsub family, but said that he went to play golf at a golf course in the province. The family members were already there and maybe the course owner, too, he said. 

“If I want to make a deal I would have done it secretly and not in a crowded location,” he said. 

Asked if the photo was a coincidence given the reports about a party being founded to support his continuing as prime minister after the next election, Prayut pleaded with the public to not be “so paranoid”. 

He said many people ask him to pose for a photo with them and he could not refuse their request. 

“I can go anywhere and am ready to meet anyone,” he said. “You should not think it is deal making. Otherwise, I could have not gone anywhere.”

He added that as there are currently no politicians, he has to visit and take care of people in the provinces.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30335039

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-12-29

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut said he could not remember when he met the Sasomsub family,

This guy clearly suffers from Alzheimer disease, since can't remember most important things is life.

Couldn't remember how and when he closed a land deal worth hundreds of million Baht.

Can't remember when he met and posted for a picture with a powerful political family which is banned from political activities.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

ey were politicians in the now-defunct People Power Party. 

An admission that the Shins are done? No more alphabet parties? I was eagerly awaiting the successor to PPP,TRT and PTP. Surely the supporters of those parties haven't given up on the Shin cash machine. 

4 hours ago, coulson said:

Is that an accidental admission...or did I miss a significant news bulletin?

I would bet no accident - and that we are all meant to get the message.

Hiding the truth in plain sight, with the connivance or reluctant cooperation of a tame mass media, has become a popular tactic worldwide with leaderships eager to test the water before implementing unpopular policies.

First you deny, then you dither to spread rumour and speculation. When the cat is finally surreptitiously let out of the bag, the public is almost relieved to have their fears confirmed and opposition tends to have largely dissipated.

The PM's "gaff" appears to be a classic example of this popular political ploy in action, and my guess is it will produce the desired, supine reaction from a Thai electorate already brainwashed into expecting junta to soldier on - in one form or another - indefinitely.

Of course, it is possible that the PM suffered a rare, genuine slip of the tongue - which begs the obvious question why none of the media messenger boys hanging on to his every word thought to ask him?

Edited by Krataiboy

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut was responding to a photo posted on the Facebook account of Pheu Thai key figure Watana Muangsuk on Thursday

23 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayut said he could not remember when he met the Sasomsub family, but said that he went to play golf at a golf course in the province. The family members were already there and maybe the course owner, too, he said. 

There's nearly always something fishy about what this cretin has to say. In fact, he lies just as easily and readily as he tells the truth . . . there is no difference to him.

Earlier today, I quoted on a similar 'No Prayut Deals'  TV thread:-

'Watana did not post a caption or the date that the photo was taken but Chatchai, who was also seen in the photo, said it had been taken at a golf course in Nakhon Pathom last month and the meeting happened by chance.'

Now, in this afternoon thread, the crossed-out words have been removed, the words of his deputy, Chatchai, that contradict Prayut, claiming not to remember when the group photo was taken. It was pretty firmly stated to have been taken at a meeting at the golf club, not a couple of years ago, but only last month. Prayut is telling the world, as if he expects the world to believe him, that he met with this prominent PTP family but cannot remember that it was only a matter of days ago.

The man's a sociopathic liar who, almost with a straight face, will try to tell you that the sky isn't blue, but red, in order to further his cause. He has no or little conscience about his lying to and misleading the press.

The man needs more than his daily fortune-teller . . . he needs the cleverest shrink in Christendom to sort his mess out.

1 minute ago, ramrod711 said:

Do you even know where you are?

Thanks, Ramrod711, but the term 'Christendom', as I think 99% of posters will assume, was meant euphemistically, to confer the feeling of a very, very large space . . . it does it better than Buddhadom, I think you'll agree.