Reasonable Weekly Hotel-motel-apartment In Chiangmai

VegasVic

Greetings to all on the Chiangmai forum. I thoroughly enjoy reading all the input on resturuants and sightseeing in the area that so many of you have thoughtfully volunteered. My wife and I are heading up to CM from the gulf area on a tour group and we are seriously thinking of just staying in CM for a couple of weeks or so and I was wondering if anyone out there had knoweledge of a decent longstay hotel in CM. Hot water and sat TV would be nice and as cool as the evenings are this time of year in CM I guess that A/C is really not needed. Thanks in advance for any advice given. Also is there any particular hangout for english speaking expats in CM?

Greetings to all on the Chiangmai forum. I thoroughly enjoy reading all the input on resturuants and sightseeing in the area that so many of you have thoughtfully volunteered. My wife and I are heading up to CM from the gulf area on a tour group and we are seriously thinking of just staying in CM for a couple of weeks or so and I was wondering if anyone out there had knoweledge of a decent longstay hotel in CM. Hot water and sat TV would be nice and as cool as the evenings are this time of year in CM I guess that A/C is really not needed. Thanks in advance for any advice given. Also is there any particular hangout for english speaking expats in CM?

I think it would help if you said what sort of budget you had in mind as there is no shortage of good accomadation which can work for most peoples budgets

Edited by Remo

Funny you should ask. I to will be in CM from about 2/21 through 3/13 and am also looking for a home to rent. I would like a decent place (preferably with A/C & hot H2O). My Thai GF wrote me this AM & evidently knows of or has a friend who knows of a place for 1800 BHT p/month and was that OK. That's super cheap so my expectations are not very high. I am now trying to get details from her. May be difficult as she is in BKK.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I would like to stay under $300 to $400 US if that is doable. If so please point me in the right direction.

Edited by TLloyd

I think it would help if you said what sort of budget you had in mind as there is no shortage of good accomadation which can work for most peoples budgets

Remo, sorry for not giving a price range. We were hoping to find something around 2000 baht per week. I did find a hostel on the internet after I posted yesterday that has private rooms for around 300bt/night, it is apparently across the street from Mikes hambuger shop(wherever that might be?). Once again thanks in advance for anyones help in this matter!

Remo, sorry for not giving a price range. We were hoping to find something around 2000 baht per week. I did find a hostel on the internet after I posted yesterday that has private rooms for around 300bt/night, it is apparently across the street from Mikes hambuger shop(wherever that might be?). Once again thanks in advance for anyones help in this matter!

I'd reccomend using this site to get a full list of places, its not an online booking service but a review of guesthouses and hotels in SE Asia.

In the last two months, through this site we found all our accomadation for a 3 week trip in Cambodia/Vietnam and all 7 places were great.

Have also used this site to find reccomendations for places in southern thailand

As the guesthouses arent paying to be in this, so the reviews by the people operating the site are honest and were pretty much exactly how they describe each place

Lots of places anywhere from 140 - 400 a night depending on type of room. which can all be found when you click here

Edited by Remo

• 2 weeks later...

I'd reccomend using this site to get a full list of places, its not an online booking service but a review of guesthouses and hotels in SE Asia.

In the last two months, through this site we found all our accomadation for a 3 week trip in Cambodia/Vietnam and all 7 places were great.

Have also used this site to find reccomendations for places in southern thailand

As the guesthouses arent paying to be in this, so the reviews by the people operating the site are honest and were pretty much exactly how they describe each place

Lots of places anywhere from 140 - 400 a night depending on type of room. which can all be found when you click here

Remo, Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but many thanks for the guesthouse website. While we didn't wind up in any of the guesthouses in the website your posting got us thinking in that direction and we found a great little guest house with a powerful fan, sat. TV, good hot water shower for 320 bt./night. Thanks again.

Remo, Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but many thanks for the guesthouse website. While we didn't wind up in any of the guesthouses in the website your posting got us thinking in that direction and we found a great little guest house with a powerful fan, sat. TV, good hot water shower for 320 bt./night. Thanks again.

Since you seem to like the place so much can you share with us the place name and address, so others can benefit!

Since you seem to like the place so much can you share with us the place name and address, so others can benefit!

Certainly can scottie! I was in a bit of a rush earlier today and thought I had mentioned the name in my post. It is the Rattana(I think that is the correct spelling) guest house and it is about a full city block north of the diamond riverside hotel, down the same soi as the galare guest house and the riverside lodge. They didn't have weekly rates but at 320baht/night it was fairly reasonable.