Thai Language Teacher in Isaan

CaptainKiiNiaw

Can anyone recommend a language teacher in Isaan?  I'd like to take private lessons. I can already speak, read, and write Thai, but I'm trying to reach fluency as quickly as possible. The teacher doesn't even need to have experience teaching foreigners or speak english.  An elementary school teacher or a college student would be fine.  Preferably Nong Khai, Udon, Khon Kaen, Sakon Nakon, Nakhon Phanom, but I'm willing to relocate.

Thanks

You can try learnthaistyle.com all private tutors at @ 300 baht an hour who can come to your home or you travel to them. A number of tutors to choose from in each province. 4 in Udon,  15 in Nong Khai have a look for yourself

On 12/30/2017 at 4:44 PM, starky said:

learnthaistyle.com

Looks interesting, but they want 3900 THB in initiation fees in addition to 300 THB/hour.  3900 THB isn't a huge amount if you know you're going to take classes for a while, but I tend to move around from place to place, so I'm not sure it would be worth it.

On 12/30/2017 at 7:12 PM, NiwPix said:

This looks great.  I plan on traveling down to Ubon this month.  I'll check it out.

1 minute ago, CaptainKiiNiaw said:

Looks interesting, but they want 3900 THB in initiation fees in addition to 300 THB/hour.  3900 THB isn't a huge amount if you know you're going to take classes for a while, but I tend to move around from place to place, so I'm not sure it would be worth it.

This looks great.  I plan on traveling down to Ubon this month.  I'll check it out.

No wonder they call you kiiniaw. The 3900 is for registration and all your course material and you could change teacher to any one you prefer anywhere all over Thailand.. But good luck. 150 bucks, not worth it? Wow.

1 minute ago, starky said:

The 3900 is for registration and all your course material

3900 will pay for 13 hours of private lessons at most schools.  Why would I want to pay that if I just want to try it out?  What if my teacher is a dud?  Also, their preschool-level course material would most likely be completely useless to me.