Two bodies found floating on Phang Nga sea

webfact

Two bodies found floating on Phang Nga sea

By The Nation

The bodies of a local resident and his girlfriend were found floating in the Phang Nga sea on Tuesday night.

Police said the bodies of Suchart Moongkij, 47, and his girlfriend, Yuphan Punthong, 44, were found at sea near Ban Khao Pa village in Tambon Krasome in Takua Thung district at 9 pm.

Relatives said the two went out to the sea on their small boat to catch fish at 4am on Tuesday but they did not return.

Police believe their boat was overturned by a big wave.

Their bodies were sent for autopsies at the Phang Nga hospital.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30335260

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-03

45 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Boo Ya! In most places it´s natural to wear a life jacket. Especially when beeing in a small boat on an ocean with big waves. I guess, that´s just to much to ask for.

Not where I'm from.  We keep 'em in the boat with us, and we make the kiddies wear them.  But it's very rare that we put them on.

14 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Are you from the UK, by any chance?

Texas.  But I've lived all over the USA and never lived anywhere that adults normally wore their life jackets.  Except in fishing tournaments where they have to put them on any time the big engine is running.

Come to think of it, I don't recall many folks in the hundreds of non-tournament fishing and boating videos I've watched actually wearing them, either.  Except the kiddies, which is often required by law (and good sense) and some of the kayak fishermen who are at significant risk of turning over.

So dissing on anyone for not wearing their life jacket is dissing on millions of us.

20 minutes ago, impulse said:

Texas.  But I've lived all over the USA and never lived anywhere that adults normally wore their life jackets.  Except in fishing tournaments where they have to put them on any time the big engine is running.

Come to think of it, I don't recall many folks in the hundreds of non-tournament fishing and boating videos I've watched actually wearing them, either.  Except the kiddies, which is often required by law (and good sense) and some of the kayak fishermen who are at significant risk of turning over.

So dissing on anyone for not wearing their life jacket is dissing on millions of us.

I would imagine that the average US and UK adult would be able to swim.  Sadly, the opposite is true of most Thais.

58 minutes ago, masuk said:

I would imagine that the average US and UK adult would be able to swim.  Sadly, the opposite is true of most Thais.

True, but one would imagine that, a man who owns a boat would also be able to swim.

Perhaps alcohol was involved.

RIP

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Ok, but then I am dissing on million out of the moronic thoughts that a life jacket is good on children but not advisable for adults.
I mean, as an adult you probably live with the fantasy that you can swim for hours in 17-19 degree water. They can but it can unfortunately be as low as only 2 hours. 
That kind of fantasies are also moronic.

4 hours ago, Get Real said:

Ok, but then I am dissing on million out of the moronic thoughts that a life jacket is good on children but not advisable for adults.
I mean, as an adult you probably live with the fantasy that you can swim for hours in 17-19 degree water. They can but it can unfortunately be as low as only 2 hours. 
That kind of fantasies are also moronic.

Slowly ! A  sharp  stick will  not often encourage a reaction that  is  that which  is usefully intended.

Archived