My Visit to Pattaya

geriatrickid

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

How could that obese guy even get on a plane?

He is the  chair strength tester !   also tests those plastic chairs  from another thread the ones that are borderline cracking are sent to motorcycle taxis ranks for some more side splitting humorous

youtube videos.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/4/2018 at 2:31 PM, simon43 said:

I agree with a lot of geriatrickid's comments, including the good and the bad.

I lived in north Phuket for about 12 years, but also worked in Pattaya for 1 year. I now live in Myanmar but spend my annual long holiday each April in Pattaya, because there are positives to the city:

- Compared to Myanmar cities, Pattaya has a great choice of restaurants, food outlets, shopping centres, clothes outlets etc, all accessible by either walking or taking the cheap baht bus.

- The city has a good choice of private doctors and hospitals - I have my annual health check in Pattaya

- The beachfront promenade is excellent for early morning jogging (around 6am before it gets hot).

- I've never had any security concerns. (But then I don't get drunk, don't walk on the beach at 2am and don't act like a <deleted>).

Some things I've noticed to comment on:

- the typical western man living in Pattaya looks to be in his 80's or 90's, smoking, fat, unhealthy. (That is simply my observation, not a criticism).

- the town is full of 'low-life' tourists (wife-beater Westerners, Arabs, Indian, Chinese). Sorry, I say it how I see it.

Negatives for me:

- the local gyms are the worst I've encountered. Badly-maintained equipment, expensive, bad choice of equipment.

I don't come to Pattaya for the bars or bar-girls. I do usually stay on Soi Metro or Soi 6, and find the bar-girls and ladyboys to be very friendly, not pushy - never had a problem with them.

Compared to other destinations in Thailand, Pattaya is fine for a few weeks. I do move out before Songkran though!

May we all live to be in the 90s smoking, unhealthy and fat.

Funny how most missed he was giving a review about his experience as a tourist and tourist area's.  I think most of us could agree about the area he spent time in.  How many ops have been written about the mess of beach road along with the quality of ocean that the entire Gulf has become.  Does anyone here swim in the water off Jomtein beach.

4 hours ago, ToddinChonburi said:

Funny how most missed he was giving a review about his experience as a tourist and tourist area's.  I think most of us could agree about the area he spent time in.  How many ops have been written about the mess of beach road along with the quality of ocean that the entire Gulf has become.  Does anyone here swim in the water off Jomtein beach.

Except he missed most of the tourist areas and the tourist things to do.

A friend who lived in Jomtien once told me that, if you live in Pattaya, you would not lilely visit Walking st or the beach road bars. can anyone comment, as newnative did, on the joys of living in Pattaya/Jomtien?
I live in Jomtien, 4 years now, never go to Pattaya apart from shopping at Big C extra.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 1/3/2018 at 2:18 PM, pennine said:

A friend who lived in Jomtien once told me that, if you live in Pattaya, you would not lilely visit Walking st or the beach road bars. can anyone comment, as newnative did, on the joys of living in Pattaya/Jomtien?

he lived too far from WS, i lived in pattaya around 13 years,

and except the unfortunate year when i lived on the wrong side of sukumvit,

i went to party on WS almost every evening, save a year when i partied

at soi bukow instead

On 1/4/2018 at 10:25 AM, sanemax said:

What is the point of living in Pattaya if you just hire prostitutes one time per year?

let me think, ah, yes, i can buy anything i want, including but not restricted to caviar,

and i can watch gogo any time i feel like it, -in a tropical climate

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2018 at 2:18 PM, pennine said:

Jomtien is crap and basically mums and dads and elderly gays with their Toy boys.. Walking street in Pattaya is busy with people enjoying the joy of life. Some people arrive after midnight. Earlier in the evening it's a family outing. Restaurants, bars, street performers, ice cream parlours, coffee shops, people watching, Indian clubs, night clubs, discos, street food, happy hour bargains Issan food, Thai food, international food etc. It's a big international tourist attraction but many ex pats who live here visit it. They tend to be the happier ones. 

On 1/4/2018 at 10:25 AM, sanemax said:

What is the point of living in Pattaya if you just hire prostitutes one time per year?

It's a fun place and only ten minutes to the country side. Nearby temples, golf courses clubs, international restaurants and cosmopolitan night life that puts bangok to shame. Take a girl every night not just once a year... If she likes you. Eat drink and be merry. Are you a feminist or right wing evangelical who has joined this forum under false pretenses? 

2 hours ago, The manic said:

It's a fun place and only ten minutes to the country side. Nearby temples, golf courses clubs, international restaurants and cosmopolitan night life that puts bangok to shame. Take a girl every night not just once a year... If she likes you. Eat drink and be merry. Are you a feminist or right wing evangelical who has joined this forum under false pretenses? 

Not really my choice of fun , I have given up drinking and have no interest in taking a girl every night .

Been there done that , moved on to better things

On 3/10/2018 at 6:59 AM, poanoi said:

let me think, ah, yes, i can buy anything i want, including but not restricted to caviar,

and i can watch gogo any time i feel like it, -in a tropical climate

I am just not interested in watching girls on stage in bikinis dancing in slow motion , I stopped going to those places , when  they banned live sex on stage

59 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I am just not interested in watching girls on stage in bikinis dancing in slow motion , I stopped going to those places , when  they banned live sex on stage

You are going to the wrong places! 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Not really my choice of fun , I have given up drinking and have no interest in taking a girl every night .

Been there done that , moved on to better things

May I politely ask what is fun for you? Talulah Bankhead once quipped :"My parents warned me about boys and booze but they never said anything about girls or cocaine! "! I personally having nearly died twice and lost many friends and family intend to live life to the full. Long live hedonism. 

4 hours ago, The manic said:

Ah. You gave the impression you lived in Jomtien and eschewed Pattaya alltogether. So if you lived in Pattaya for 5 years you must have liked it. 

Yes I did, been there done that, just got older I guess, Jomtien suits us now.

Archived