Non Imm O Visa And Retirement Visa

Hi

Just want to check to see if I am correct with the following. I am 50 years old and my husband is 46. I would like to retire in Thailand and would like my husband with me. We are both British. He does not intend to work or open a business.

1. Both apply for12 month Multiple Non Immigration O visa from Consulate in UK

2 Travel to Thailand and hopefully nice Immigration Officer at airport will stamp visas for 12 months

3. Open Thai Bank Account and transfer money form UK

4. Do visa run before first 90 days have elapsed.

5. Have British Wedding certificate translated into Thai and verified by British Embassy in Bangkok

6. Once the funds have cleared I apply for O-A (retirement )visa

Regarding my husband which would be the best option wait for his 12 month Multiple Non Immigration O visa from Consulate in UK to expire or apply for another for12 month Multiple Non Immigration O visa (dependants visa) at the same time as I apply for mine?

Any information would be gratefully received. Any replies in plain English please as I am confused enough. Thanks :o

You will receive a 90 day permitted to stay stamp - nothing more.

You will apply for extension of stay, not and O-A visa, after you have satisfied the 3 month requirement for funds in your Thai account.

Your husband can then obtain an extension of his stay based on your extension (at same time).

Hi

Just want to check to see if I am correct with the following. I am 50 years old and my husband is 46. I would like to retire in Thailand and would like my husband with me. We are both British. He does not intend to work or open a business.

1. Both apply for12 month Multiple Non Immigration O visa from Consulate in UK

2 Travel to Thailand and hopefully nice Immigration Officer at airport will stamp visas for 12 months

3. Open Thai Bank Account and transfer money form UK

4. Do visa run before first 90 days have elapsed.

5. Have British Wedding certificate translated into Thai and verified by British Embassy in Bangkok

6. Once the funds have cleared I apply for O-A (retirement )visa

Regarding my husband which would be the best option wait for his 12 month Multiple Non Immigration O visa from Consulate in UK to expire or apply for another for12 month Multiple Non Immigration O visa (dependants visa) at the same time as I apply for mine?

Any information would be gratefully received. Any replies in plain English please as I am confused enough. Thanks :o

Just returned from Bangkok/Chanthaburi I just returned from Immagr. Thialand and it was great 51min. from walk-in to walk-out !!!!!with "Retiredment visa and Mult. entry.. A bit of the oppst. but the wife and I (being a bit senior) applyied in the U>S. for our first retirement visa and each one here (after the fact) after has been nothing short of easy it pay's to be legal

You will apply for extension of stay, not and O-A visa, after you have satisfied the 3 month requirement for funds in your Thai account.

Your husband can then obtain an extension of his stay based on your extension (at same time).

Hi

I have just read the Nomenclature For Types Of Visa And Permissions To Stay For Thailand which makes it alot clearer. So when I read other threads on this forum and see people applying for the O-A (Retirement Visa) they haven't enterered Thailand with a Non Imm O Visa valid for 12moths?

Would you therefore wait untill the UK visas are due to expire?

Did the rest look ok?

Edited by pwllgrgn

Hi

I have just read the Nomenclature For Types Of Visa And Permissions To Stay For Thailand which makes it alot clearer. So when I read other threads on this forum and see people applying for the O-A (Retirement Visa) they haven't enterered Thailand with a Non Imm O Visa valid for 12moths?

Did the rest look ok?

Not sure you read the pinned thread close enough, but nevertheless, what you need to do is get in the one year validity multi entry type O visa in the UK. Arrive in Thailand and get a 90 day permission to stay entry stamp. Open a Thai bank account, transfer 800k from UK into account. After 89 days, fly to KL or Singapore for weekend holiday. Come back to Thailand and get another 90 day permission to stay stamp. After 60 days, go to immigration and apply for 1 year extension based on retirement and 800k in bank for 3 months for you and dependent extension for husband.

You do it right, cross the "t's", dot the "i's" and you are set.

TH

Hi

Did the rest look ok?

Not sure you read the pinned thread close enough, but nevertheless, what you need to do is get in the one year validity multi entry type O visa in the UK. Arrive in Thailand and get a 90 day permission to stay entry stamp. Open a Thai bank account, transfer 800k from UK into account. After 89 days, fly to KL or Singapore for weekend holiday. Come back to Thailand and get another 90 day permission to stay stamp. After 60 days, go to immigration and apply for 1 year extension based on retirement and 800k in bank for 3 months for you and dependent extension for husband.

You do it right, cross the "t's", dot the "i's" and you are set.

TH

Hi

Thanks for the info. I think that I am beginning to understand the process a little bit better.

Can you obtain the permission to stay stamp by crossing over the border say into Myanmar and returning the same day? If my husband is granted the extension does he have to keep leaving Thailand every so many months to obtain a permission to stay stamp? :o

As long as you can get stamped in/out of another country you can use any legal border crossing. Once you obtain the extension your husband can also obtain the same extension period (just the reason different than you). So he will not have to make border crossings either but will have to make 90 day address reports the same as you and will have to obtain a re-entry permit prior to travel outside of Thailand.

As long as you can get stamped in/out of another country you can use any legal border crossing. Once you obtain the extension your husband can also obtain the same extension period (just the reason different than you). So he will not have to make border crossings either but will have to make 90 day address reports the same as you and will have to obtain a re-entry permit prior to travel outside of Thailand.

Thank you so much. I have been pulling my hair out trying to find out this information. I think that I have been asking the wrong questions as I think that I was confusing evryone including myself. :o