Singapore Non-o Multiple

No idea whats going on..I can tell you i got a multi entry O, 1 year with zero probelms Monday..Then i pick up my passport and was told next year lets see some cash in the bank..Things must of changed?

Steven

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your info. You got your visa on Monday, which would be the 15th, yes?

This could have some bearing on the fact you had no problems, as Shima said the new rules were introduced on the 15th. Perhaps they decided to use some discretion on the first day.

I'll let you know what happens on Monday. This could make a few people reconsider going the Non-O route.

Wazza

This is the usual story of each consulate/embassy, or each official, operating however they want, isn't it? :D

I went to the consulate in Melbourne last week and re-newed my multiple O visa without any problem. When I called them before to check the cost (A$225) they asked me if I'd had one before (I had, several times from the same place) and then just told me to bring the marriage certificate. I added a copy of her passport too, and maybe id (can't remember - brain cells wearing out).

No mention of income, and ready the next day. All very civilised, as always there. :o

Common guys,I seriously disagree with alot of guys who are totally doomthinking about the visa rules and requirements.It is still not that difficult to stay in Thailand or what??

They made it a little more hassle and complicated,but most of us still can manage.......to get the visas we need.

The multiple -non O,doubtly will they cancel it,why? cause they can ask money for it,and for the tourist visas as well.They will not boycot us,if it will,they will also doom there booming tourist industry,so only a junta government like Myanmar will give such a scenario.

I just think ,just looks what happens,and I don't want to read to many of those doonthinking anymore,if things change even more,we just have to try to fix it and do something about it.After all we are the foreigners,and do not have to much for a say anyway.......But I agree that if they want change,do it modest,so we can try to cope.

Offcourse I care like everybody,but it doesn't help too much is it?

Alright Wazza ......

This post has particular interest for me as I may be doing the same some time this year at either UK , KL or Singapore as my wife and I dont collectively earn 40 K or over per month inside Thailand although we live here all the time in our own property and earn more elsewhere .

So as far as I can see this is the state of play right now if married to a Thai national as far as options for the 1 year multi entry O are concerned :

1 . Go back to your home country ( UK in my case ) and you can get a 1 year non - O multi entry with no requirements to show cash in the bank .

2 . Go to Kuala Lumpur and still obtain a 1 year non - O multi entry with no requirements to show cash in the bank .

3 . Go to Singapore and still obtain a 1 year non - O multi entry with a possible requirement to show 400 K in a Thai bank . ( Please confirm Wazza ! )

4 . Stay within Thailand and get a 1 year marriage extension by showing proof of collective earnings of over 40 K a month taxable in Thailand at Suan Plu immigration for example .

Please correct me if Im wrong anyone ........

Wazza Ill be interested to see your results after Singapore , just wondering could you drop me that email address for the Singapore office also so I can have a crack ?

Cheers all ...........

Sadako in Bkk ............( she never sleeps )

Just got back from Sing, copmlete with multi non imm O.

Arrived bright and early at the embassy on Monday, transferred about 300k into the bank on friday but this is where being a lazy b#*$!rd pays off!!! I havn't updated my bank book for 4 or 6 months so all it showed was the ballance!!!!! Took my thai tax forms and pay slips (job finished in October!!!!), house book marriage and birth certs etc..

Now if you are lucky, pop back in around 12 the next day and she MIGHT have your passport there, mine wasn't so back at 2pm, still made the 3.35 flight!!

There was quite a queue both days I went for dropping off and collecting, again I was lucky and went a bit earlier and was at the front both times but if you don't go early be prepared for a wait!!!!!

And don't forgre to take a number from the little machine, saw a few people milling around for a while before the sussed that bit!!!!!

Arrived bright and early at the embassy on Monday, transferred about 300k into the bank on friday but this is where being a lazy b#*$!rd pays off!!! I havn't updated my bank book for 4 or 6 months so all it showed was the ballance!!!!! Took my thai tax forms and pay slips (job finished in October!!!!), house book marriage and birth certs etc..

Now if you are lucky, pop back in around 12 the next day and she MIGHT have your passport there, mine wasn't so back at 2pm, still made the 3.35 flight!!

There was quite a queue both days I went for dropping off and collecting, again I was lucky and went a bit earlier and was at the front both times but if you don't go early be prepared for a wait!!!!!

And don't forgre to take a number from the little machine, saw a few people milling around for a while before the sussed that bit!!!!!

OK , so they did or didnt ask to see the bank book ?

And what was the balance in it if you showed them it ?

OK , so they did or didnt ask to see the bank book ?

And what was the balance in it if you showed them it ?

OK, I will clarify for you.

I took the copies as the visa regs state, I also took the wife's book. Now the ballance on the 2 accounts was just under the 400k BUT, this was my first non imm O so the ballance of the account SHOULDN'T have made a difference, I do get paid very well when I work here but it is not a monthy income as such (as I havne't worked for 4 months now), I am paid in cash but do pay tax @ 3%. The payslips I gave her did however far surpass the 40k a month requirement but again I only worked 3 months last year so did she just ignore the other 9 months.

It seems that maybe there is some discretion used by the visa officer (who is the lady at the window when you apply so be nice to her!!!!)

Feel free to PM or post if anyone needs more info.