Buriram Hotel

stuartf

Hi

I’m looking for a hotel in central Buriram

My GF has recommended the GT Residence and assures me its very central. Looking on Google maps it hard to tell.

Any comments on the location (234 Moo 9, Baan Hua Ling) would be welcomed

Basically looking for a reasonable hotel ( around 1000 thb ) with a swimming pool fairly close ( walking distance ) to nightlife

Thanks in advance

GT is a little out of town without transport but only a few hundred yards from the main drag. Great place, staff, breakfast and super clean but the pool is disappointingly small.

Ray hotel near the bus station has the biggest pool in Buriram (they say) and a fine breakfast and had a promo there 799/night by calling direct. 2 great gyms but the rooms are not as good as other places. Loads more newly opened and great value when nothing is happening at the circuit. 

Use any of the agency sites or google maps asking for hotels/numbers and try calling them direct. More new places being built outside of town but you definitely need transport for those.

I haven't stayed at the GT but it certainly receives favourable reports. I imagine the local bar is the Harley Route 288.

I tend to use Best Western which does a very good breakfast - and not far from Jimy's Sports bar.

Great!    Yes   

I recently went to Buriram for the first time.

I highly recommend the Tulip Boutique Hotel Buriram.     I had low expectations when booking this hotel but still made the booking.     I was delighted in all aspects.    

While not luxurious it totally provided all things this somewhat picky traveler wants.      The room  as were all areas of the hotel was spotless and  very adequately furnished.

THe hotel restaurant  boasts a speciality of pizza and I indulged myself of it on several occasions.    The pool was NOT a small one even though  the hotel only has 8 rooms total.    There were nice seating lounges around the pool.

Everything simple worked out great.

The owner is engaging and involved.    I believe he said he's from Norway but I may be mistaken.   His name starts with an "S"    Something like Sipen.

I paid 1200 THB a night and just reserved by phone.   I  guarantee I will return there if I make it back to Buriram.

Edit to add:    I don't think you could find a hotel more central than the Tulip Hotel.

Heck it's nearly within walking distance of the university.

Separately;

I also sought a bar with a pool table.     

The Swan bar hosted and owned by Mel, fit that bill fully.    Mel's pool  table is new and  well maintained.      Plenty of room around it.

The lady with me ordered  a Thai dish that took some time but it would have taken her three days to eat it all.   I believe Mel's wife deserves the credit for the salad.

The Swan Bar with Mel  and his wife as the hosts won't do you wrong at all.    Mel's prices are a delight.

Cheers and good luck,

Edited by watcharacters

Whatcharacters has hit the nail on the head in his post. "Seba" is a Dutch expat who started in a small rental space and several years ago moved to his current location. Tulip Boutique Hotel has one of the best restaurants in Buriram. Mel is on his 3rd location in Buriram and serves great food and mixes an honest drink at The Swan. Very easy to park at both The Swan Bar & Restaurant and The Tulip Boutique Hotel in Buriram. 

not long ago, i noticed that the tulip boutique hotel was up for sale or lease (ad in the buriram times).  maybe business is not so great or the dutch owner has a new plan for the future.  there are definitely alot more hotels in buriram now versus 5+ years ago.  i've never stayed at the tulip but eat there multiple times every visit i make to buriram.