Kanchanaburi border crossing

Does anyone have any up to date information about the crossing at Nam ron in Kanchanaburi into Myanmar for a 30 day stamp? Is is back to normal with the regular 'pay 800 and get a car in and out' service?  Much appreciated.

• Like 2

There is are a couple of visa run companies that are are doing runs to there and are advertising a crossing is allowed for a visa exempt entry. I have seen no reports from an individual doing it.

The fee for the crossing is now 950 baht that includes transport across no mans land and the border pass for Myanmar.

• Like 2

I went with a visiting friend to cross at phu nam ron. To extend his visa, the crossing is 950 baht. We saw a van from bangkok with 8 people in it that made the crossing with them and did not use the local crossing service. I dont remember what the van said and dont know how much they charge but the stamp in myanmar should be 500baht per person.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 1/6/2018 at 8:39 AM, ubonjoe said:

There is are a couple of visa run companies that are are doing runs to there and are advertising a crossing is allowed for a visa exempt entry. I have seen no reports from an individual doing it.

The fee for the crossing is now 950 baht that includes transport across no mans land and the border pass for Myanmar.

hello,

So do you mean that tourists who arrived in Thailand with visa exempt can cross there and come back to get another visa exempt ? But if the purpose is sightseeing, is there anything to see on the other side ?!

Thanks a lot.