Thailand Baht vs USD

7 minutes ago, DUS said:

Hmm, where did I see this chart before... hmmm, ah, I posted the link to it in #5 of this thread. Good!

The rest of your post, however, doesn´t make any sense at all. But thanks for quoting me, anyway. ;-)

Yes you need all the kudos you can get I guess, however DUS your appreciation of the currency markets are obviously at a low ebb. Never mind re-read my comment about 6 times and it might sink in. If there is any part of it you just don't get after the re-reads just drop me a line and I will give you a hand.

Oh, and you told porkies about your chart, mmm fake news perhaps.

It seems the USD has been going down ever since the US Congress started talking about--and then passing--the tax reform bill (aka massive corporate tax cut).  This means more cheap USD floating around which will weaken the dollar.  Speaking of, no word yet on how the US gov will pay for these tax cuts.  

7 hours ago, Winkburn said:

Yes thats right it must be the Dons fault silly us

From what I see in the 10 year charts of spot prices XE Currency on USD/THB the dollar peaked in Oct 2015 at +/- ฿36.50 was up n down since. Then a steady decline since Dec 2016 to todays ฿32.18 low. But the 10 year low was ฿28.61 on 2 Apr 2013. I wonder what was happening then? Neiki was at 5 year high and many violent deaths world wide. 

5 minutes ago, Grumpy Duck said:

From what I see in the 10 year charts of spot prices XE Currency on USD/THB the dollar peaked in Oct 2015 at +/- ฿36.50 was up n down since. Then a steady decline since Dec 2016 to todays ฿32.18 low. But the 10 year low was ฿28.61 on 2 Apr 2013. I wonder what was happening then? Neiki was at 5 year high and many violent deaths world wide. 

Bond buying taper, government shutdown, you name it, it  was a busy year: https://www.cheatsheet.com/stocks/10-most-important-economic-events-of-2013.html/?a=viewall

34 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Bond buying taper, government shutdown, you name it, it  was a busy year: https://www.cheatsheet.com/stocks/10-most-important-economic-events-of-2013.html/?a=viewall

I believe all the events mentioned were in the last 2 quarters of the year. After the dollar vs baht already rose from April's lows 

18 hours ago, DUS said:

Hmmm.... if the Thai Baht depreciated against the USD then it would potentially increase the deficit even further with Thai products becoming even cheaper, wouldn't it? 

As noted, I'm not a professional even professional I sense just have a opinion and no real answer thus the market with Bulls and Bears?  I'm here in the Thailand so when it comes to Thai products already cheap no choice since imported goods are expensive which is basically the point I'm trying to make there really isn't free trade as far as I'm concern.

Hmmm.... if the Thai Baht depreciated against the USD then it would potentially increase the deficit even further with Thai products becoming even cheaper, wouldn't it? 

Yes, if all other things are equal. That's why the US wants the baht to be stronger.

Trump has nothing to do with it. Military government has nothing to do with it. It is just about global economy. I see haters picking sides. I am happy to see my Thai investments doing well. Big smile. ^^

There are far far more powerful people controlling our world economy.

Edited by scoutman360

On 09/01/2018 at 11:09 AM, thailand49 said:

As noted, I'm not a professional even professional I sense just have a opinion and no real answer thus the market with Bulls and Bears?  I'm here in the Thailand so when it comes to Thai products already cheap no choice since imported goods are expensive which is basically the point I'm trying to make there really isn't free trade as far as I'm concern.

True, and the purpose is to limit buying overseas goods by taxation and yes its not free trade at all. Thing is, I can buy cheaper and better when I'm overseas so why would I bother paying Thailands high prices for low quality.

1 hour ago, Franko666 said:

True, and the purpose is to limit buying overseas goods by taxation and yes its not free trade at all. Thing is, I can buy cheaper and better when I'm overseas so why would I bother paying Thailands high prices for low quality.

I agree, I can buy better and cheaper elsewhere with far more better quality control than Thailand.  But if you live here they got imported products marked up so you sitting right next to Thai products that you don't have much choice unless you just go to have it.  Yet they export to other countries and basically free for them thus the trade deficit we have all so many country particularly China.