Krabi’s cleaning hero

rooster59

Krabi’s cleaning hero

By Kritsada Mueanhawong

DSC09494-1-1021x580.jpg

"I saw that the streets get built up with garbage everyday and the staff from the municipality isn’t enough to handle it all, so I bought my own equipment and started to work."

A 67 year old woman, Mookda Janan, a local from Krabi, has volunteered to broom a kilometre of local street twice everyday for the past 5 years.

She brooms the streets in the morning and evening and cleans the sala on the side road of Phetchakasem Road in Klongtom District impressing the locals and setting a great example.

Full story: https://www.phuketgazette.net/news/krabis-cleaning-hero

pgazette_logo-20170817.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2018-01-06

Commendable - now if someone (the city) would install garbage bins and someone (parents, teachers) would teach people to use them and if someone (the government) would impose hefty fines for littering and if someone (the police) would enforce the littering laws then this caring senior citizen could enjoy her retirement and please her family!

A lot of ifs!

Good for her...

I wish she lived here in this area. I have tried to keep everything clean around the Village where possible, but after years of trying, why bother....Another farlang moved into the area and between us we do more in a week around the place than most here do here in a year...Jobs half done, as the Government money seems to run out each time before a project gets to completion. The Government spent good money (I believe around 1.5m baht) on the Community Centre here and all its used for is a Cattle yard and a rather expensive Barn for the Horse. The place stinks of horse and Cow SH** and piss. The kids no longer come and play football, which, when i kept it mowed and tidy, you would see them on a regular basis most weeks...

Thousands of Dollars worth  of water Filtration plant installed and now is sitting idle in a locked shed. Why?

We tried to tell them to put pipes in when they cleaned the drains out(too deep)...No money was the reply...Now, theres a large part of the road gone ( which was constructed properly)....guess the government will have to foot the bill for that now.....on and on it goes. Surely someone with and education and able to think rationally, can be put in the position to make correct decisions, to stop this ever revolving circle and wasting government supplied monies....

Archived