Samsung contacts back-up

prophet01

To back up your Samsung, you'll need to download and install Samsung KIES . If you just want to get your pictures, videos or music from the phone, use the second set of steps. Open the 'KIES' software and connect your phone to the computer with a USB cable.Aug 24, 2017

Oh yes, Kies. Forgot about that. I did use Kies successfully many years ago so that would do it.

Don't really wish to back up to cloud sites.

I've recently been considering backing up additional data such as sms, call logs etc (useful for work records) using apps like MyBackup Pro, CM Backup etc.

Do you guys have any views on these types of app?

Cheers

On 1/8/2018 at 7:25 PM, prophet01 said:

Are you using it yourself? If so can you tell me where the data is stored on the PC as I can't find any such folders.

Normally I use MyPhoneExplorer synced with MS Office Outlook contacts. So I just check Outlook as my main data base and sync to any new mobile device I have using MyPhoneExplorer. However you don't have to use Outlook. I think all the MyPhoneExplorer data is stored in :\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\MyPhoneExplorer folder on Win10.

Yes you can. First your data is already backup when you connect your gmail id. If you want to separate file. Than go to contacts setting than click on export contact to usb than one file will create in your mobile. connect your mobile with your pc go to mobile drive there is on system folder you can see file in it on you can also search by file name which is created in your mobile.