Savannakhet tourist visa

3 hours ago, latelyo said:

How much money in the bank?

9 minutes ago, latelyo said:

Anybody know this amount in the bank account and is it same rules in Vientiane

At least the equivalent of 20K baht.

You don’t need to show money in the bank at Vientiane.

When I was there around 4 or 5 months ago (last), they first asked for an air ticket out of Thailand and if not an air ticket they required 20K to be shown in a bank account (I had my Thai Bank book which I updated the day before) [photocopies of it were required as well as seeing the original].  I was actually surprised they only needed 20K in the account, I would have expected with 60 to 90 days it would have been at least 40K maybe even 60K but nope -- they are easy -- only 20K needed.

3 hours ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

When I was there around 4 or 5 months ago (last), they first asked for an air ticket out of Thailand and if not an air ticket they required 20K to be shown in a bank account (I had my Thai Bank book which I updated the day before) [photocopies of it were required as well as seeing the original].  I was actually surprised they only needed 20K in the account, I would have expected with 60 to 90 days it would have been at least 40K maybe even 60K but nope -- they are easy -- only 20K needed.

Just for confirmation , all that was needed was a bank account showing 20 000 Baht ?

No outward ticket or accommodation proof ? 

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Just for confirmation , all that was needed was a bank account showing 20 000 Baht ?

No outward ticket or accommodation proof ? 

That is correct, I went up there with neither the first time and they said a ticket out was required (pause) or 20,000 in a Bank Account (I was worried that I would not have enough in the bank since a transfer was still in progress - I had around 50K).  I showed them the recently updated bank account book and they sent me across the street to get a photo copy for their records.  No air ticket was required that time.  I am pretty sure I did not show them proof of accommodation, I probably brought my lease -- but I don't volunteer it.

Edited by bkkcanuck8
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, geisha said:

How about Penang? I’ll be going there for a tourist visa. I do not have a Thai bank. 

Tourists don’t typically have/need a Thai bank account. They will accept a foreign bank statement as long as the balance is the equivalent of 20K baht.

Make sure what ever you print out has your full name on it. For example one time my bank statement was about 3 weeks old. So I printed out a screen shot of my bank account. When I looked I noticed it didn't have my full name on it but it did have my account number and sort code on it. The guy at the window was really studying it because it could have been anyone's so I showed him my Atm card with my name on it and same account number and then he was fine with it.

When it comes to the flight i thought that was needed as well as the proof of funds it denflity was a year ago. I've always buy a cheap ticket out of Thailand, actually I just bought one 30 mins ago lol.

Maybe they have relaxed that rule now it might depend on how many visas etc you have in your passport if they ask for one.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That is correct, I went up there with neither the first time and they said a ticket out was required (pause) or 20,000 in a Bank Account (I was worried that I would not have enough in the bank since a transfer was still in progress - I had around 50K).  I showed them the recently updated bank account book and they sent me across the street to get a photo copy for their records.  No air ticket was required that time.  I am pretty sure I did not show them proof of accommodation, I probably brought my lease -- but I don't volunteer it.
How many visas do you have in your passport?

I have just booked a flight with Air Asia but I haven't paid for it I am wondering if I don't need it.

Last year I had two people from The Phillipines in front of me.

They were asked for onward flight ticket, accomodation in Thailand and the bank statement.

That was at Savannakhet February 2017. There may have been changes now but I would come prepared with all 3 items.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yeah I would agree with that, op you said you run the risk of getting a red stamp at Vintanine so it sounds like you have a lot of visas maybe it's best not to take a chance and get a cheap ticket with Air Asia to Yangon for about a 1000THB.