New Government Crackdown

GuestHouse

Rumour has it that the Thai Goverment is about to annouce a war on Fake Football Shirts and other such football supporter related goods.

Authorities are believed to be looking at targetting a single sector of the huge rippoff market in English Football Club shirts, scarves, stickers etc.

It is also reported that because of manpower restrictions the authorities will aim to make an example of a few offenders, rather than targetting all people selling and buying these goods.

Consideration is being given to two options.

1. Targetting all offenders in once province

2. Targetting all offenders in respect to items relating to a single Football Club

I'll update you with more news as I hear of it.

Rumour has it that the Thai Goverment is about to annouce a war on Fake Football Shirts and other such football supporter related goods.

Authorities are believed to be looking at targetting a single sector of the huge rippoff market in English Football Club shirts, scarves, stickers etc.

Let me guess which British football club will have their prime attention...

This is directly related to Thai government attempts to conduct business, something completely different from representing the people of Thailand and only possible in Thailand.

This crackdown would never happen if the Thai people and justice system would understand the words 'misuse of public funds' and the consequences it has in countries with a halfway decent legal system...

Dutchy

I do not think taskins wish to own part of liverpool will go ahead now, with the information now released about the use of public funds, and the backlash in the uk, as well as a public bid by a liverpool supporter.

with that deal down the tubes, a crackdown on english football shirts will fade into the distance.

I hope mr T has a big tantrum when he realises that his gambit to move attention away from his and the governments inability to actually govern, backfires in a big way.

I hope the thais view it as a huge loss of face for mr T and his cohorts when this deal fails..

:o

I do not think taskins wish to own part of liverpool will go ahead now, with the information now released about the use of public funds, and the backlash in the uk, as well as a public bid by a liverpool supporter.

with that deal down the tubes, a crackdown on english football shirts will fade into the distance.

I hope mr T has a big tantrum when he realises that his gambit to move attention away from his and the governments inability to actually govern, backfires in a big way.

I hope the thais view it as a huge loss of face for mr T and his cohorts when this deal fails..

:o

He is having a run of outs isn't he ?

a huge loss of face

I for one would welcome this as I am getting a bit sick of his mug on every bit of media everyday.

I now have sympathy with the the North Koreans having to see Dear Leader everywhere.

"Manhester United' sticker.

It would look good on the "Hurley Davison" tee shirt that we have knocking around somewhere.

Natee 1 - you bought the sticker

Maerim - you bought the T-shirt

Job done - money in the pocket - goodnight :o

Mr T. was always heading for a fall, with his persistant view that everybody else is stupid, and no one will ever notice what he is up to. Only hope that the Thai people catch on in time for the next election......if he lasts that long!!

All  fake goods should be banned, Period.

Sure.

Like all fake software should be banned.

Like all cheap, generic medicine should be banned.

We are in a capitalistic world.

The money should go to the few people who deserve it.

The big multinational companies.

They "work" for it, they are smart.

If people from developped countries want all the advantages we have in western countries, they should work as hard as we do.

They're just lazy.

They deserve what they have.

Am I going off topic again? :o

Sure.

Fair, isn't it?

Yes they are smart, thats why everyone wants to copy them, if you are smarter, start your own Multi-National, the let everyone copy what has taken you Hundreds of Millions of dollars of research and development to create and advertise.

Ban All Fakes, jail the fakers, Deport all those wearing fake watches, T-Shirts etc.

yes they are smart, they exploit peoples lack of education with massive marketing campaigns and convince them to pay extortionate prices for a product with a logo on it.

polo if you could just pursuade bargirls to shave the nike logo in their pubic hair.....your utopia is beckoning

Yes they are smart, thats why everyone wants to copy them, if you are smarter, start your own Multi-National, the let everyone copy what has taken you Millions of dollars of research and development to create.

I actually work for one.

And we are copied all the time.

And it is a industrial product.

We mind, of course.

Do we consider it theft, of course.

What do we do, we just keep ahead of the people copying us.

What does it bring to you, people using our product?

A better product all the time.

I wanted to comment further but it would be too long.

there should be a worldwide commitment to 'fake product integrity'...a substantial amount of the millions generated therefrom to be donated to worthy activities everywhere.

How else would I justify my existence to the dozens of friends and associates that have accepted $30 Rolexes in the belief that I hand out $2000 watches as a matter of course and not in appreciation of favors great and small?

(don't wear it now...keep it for your grandson on the occasion of his graduation from law school...)

What actually is wrong with buying a fake?

IMHO, nothing. You buy it because you want to cheat the system. After a while you like it and the second, or may be third is the real thing, which you originally never would have bought.

Only problem, if the real one is worse than the copies you had before. Happened to me.

yes they are smart, they exploit peoples lack of education with massive marketing campaigns and convince them to pay extortionate prices for a product with a logo on it.  polo if you could just pursuade bargirls to shave the nike logo in their pubic hair.....your utopia is beckoning

which those people manufacture in the first place at sweatshop rates...

please see my signature :o

Sure.

If people from developped countries want all the advantages we have in western countries, they should work as hard as we do.

They're just lazy.

They deserve what they have.

Am I going off topic again? :o

I worked for a period of time (over ten years, actually) in Libya.

The US and UK had trade embargoes, as did the rest of Europe - all following Ronnie Ray-Guns line.

How do you think people would have survived without generic medecines?

In South Africa they are doing deals with all the big pharmaceutical companies for production of generic medecines to be distributed over the continent, because the population cannot afford to support the enormous R&D bills of the said companies. Don't know what the solution here is - government aid is not allowed by the WTO and other trade organisations (EU, etc.,) and without the cost of R&D being passed on to the consumer, it will shrivel up. Then we all suffer.

So, do we support the multi-nationals and condemn the poorer countries to a lack of modern health products, do we say 'to ###### with the WTO, our government will support R&D' or do we condemn ourselves to a less healthy future by copying proprietary drugs (i.e. manufacturing the generic version at much lower cost) and crippling the R&D programmes of the multi-national pharmaceutical companies.

I don't know the answer, do you?

No problem with cheap generic drugs as long as they are legit & produced after the patent on the original has expired. Without patent protection no pharma company would invest in R&D, because some one else would copy the product.

A lot of fakes do no good because they are badly made with less than the required dose of drug, and in shoddy, unclean factories.

Patent infringement should be dealt with properly - take the guy who was copying Thule roof racks. 50,000 Baht fine & a slap on the wrist - he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Don't forget your mobile phone as well, with the dodgy battery that might suddenly blow your head off when your next down at MBK.