Dutch tourists injured in motorbike collision in Phuket

webfact

Dutch tourists injured in motorbike collision in Phuket

Shela Riva

1515399380_1-org.jpg

The driver of the bike drove head-on into a car travelling on the opposire side of the road. Photo: Screengrab

PHUKET: Two motorcyclists from the Netherlands escaped death yesterday when the driver lost control of the motorbike they were riding on Sirirat Rd near Le Meridien Resort in Karon, confirmed Lt Col Patiwat Yodkwan of the Karon Police today (Jan 8).

“The two tourists from the Netherlands were driving from Karon towards Patong. The driver lost control of the motorbike and had a head-on collision with a car driving in the opposite lane which was being driven by a Russian driver,” said Lt Col Patiwat.

“This occurred at about 5pm yesterday (Jan 7),” he added.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/dutch-tourists-injured-in-motorbike-collision-in-phuket-65453.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-01-08

19 hours ago, Psimbo said:

There were guys weaving in and out of traffic along that road on Saturday like they had a deathwish- I guess one nearly did!

Young men and big bikes- not good.

No it's peak high season I see these younger bike experts making crazy overakes every time I drive from Kata to Patong and back. 

There have been  a couple of tourist A-holes on big bikes drag racing up and down the main street in Kamala for the past 2 hours, about every 10 minutes- I really hope they don't kill anyone (other than themselves).

Edited by Psimbo