Thai Elephant

Gordons

Apologies for daft question -  I bought 2 wooden elephants at Chatuchak market a couple of weeks ago and was wondering about taking one of both back to the UK later this month. If too much trouble (or effort as they weight about 13kg each!), can leave here in BKK. Some basic browsing suggests anything under £40 would be duty free so they should be fine?

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

For taking out stuff.

http://en.customs.go.th/content_special.php?link=contact_form.php&lang=en&top_menu=menu_contactus

Best check with taking into UK too.

I only know about a container load we got once into UK and wood stuff had to have a treatment paper and an invoice of goods cost. 

You brought up treatment- beat me to it.

Untreated wood can harbour all sorts of unwanted bugs.

As probably bought without a proper receipt at Chatachuk, good luck proving the cost, though the customs SHOULD know the cost without.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You brought up treatment- beat me to it.

Untreated wood can harbour all sorts of unwanted bugs.

As probably bought without a proper receipt at Chatachuk, good luck proving the cost, though the customs SHOULD know the cost without.

Yeah OP needs to contact and check with customs both ends unless he it just into taking a chance.

There may be something in that. I brought in to the UK two timber Sawatdee ladies from Jatujak a few years ago and had no problems (with customs). I did notice a few months later a powdery residue regulary appearing at one of their bases however... woodworm treatment killed whatever it was!