Ume Gold

nisakiman

A few weeks ago, my wife received an order of something called 'UME GOLD', which she'd ordered from Thailand (we live in Europe), which is a Korean 'detox' type thing, supposedly all natural, made from fruits and herbs I think. It was quite expensive (I believe she paid 4000 Baht for 40 sachets), but I've been a bit under the weather the past few months, so she thought it would help me. You mix it in a small glass of water and drink it. It's quite pleasant tasting, but within minutes of drinking it, I would feel a hot flush all over my body, which lasted 15 minutes or so.

So far, so good.

I'd been drinking one of these sachets every day for about a week, and I went for a pee mid-morning and my piss was blood red. I mean really red, not just pink tinged. It looked like pure blood, it was that dark. It freaked me out, I can tell you. And it started really suddenly. I'd been for a pee earlier that morning, and it was a normal slightly yellowish clear colour. I had a look on the internet, and found out that urine can get blood in it for various reasons, and that very often it will sort itself out, which was something of a relief, as it was over the Christmas period when everything was closed and everyone was on holiday. I wracked my brains trying to think what might have caused it, and the only thing I could think of that had changed recently was my taking this Ume Gold, so I stopped taking it. I continued to piss blood for the next three days, and then it stopped as suddenly as it had started. Went for a pee at lunchtime, it was blood red. Went again a few hours later, and it was clean and clear, not even a trace of pink. I would add that I had no pain or discomfort, just blood-red piss.

The reason I'm posting this is because I have no idea whether it was anything to do with this stuff I was drinking or not, and since my wife ordered it from Thailand, I was wondering if anyone else had used it, and if so, whether they had had any similar problems. It's most peculiar - I've never had anything like that happen before, although at 68, I am starting to experience things that didn't happen in my younger days, which is inevitable as we age, I guess. But I'd love to know if this detox drink was the cause of my piss turning red. I'm kind of reluctant to start drinking it again just to see if the same thing happens, as it was really quite worrying.

Anyone have any experience of 'UME GOLD'?

Can not answer re that drink but as someone who just had bladder removed due cancer would advise you talk with doctor (there are many things that can cause blood but best to make sure).  In my case doctor had me check with ultrasound exam and that showed something.  That test is totally non-invasive and not very expensive if you have to pay.  Like mother checking baby exam.  If something is found the earlier the better and most conditions are treatable.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Oxx said:

From a previous discussion here of this product:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1004901-a-new-dietary-supplement

Thanks for that link. It rather makes one wonder exactly what is in the stuff. As I said in my original post, the hot flushes begin almost instantaneously after drinking the stuff, so whatever it's made with is obviously pretty strong. It would be interesting to know what the doctors had to say about Seabear's son (stepson?) who was taken to hospital after drinking it.

18 minutes ago, nisakiman said:

It rather makes one wonder exactly what is in the stuff.

Can you post a high resolution, sharply in focus, image of the ingredients listed? I or others (I'm sure) would be happy to try to translate.

However, do be aware that the actually ingredients may not match those listed; it's pretty common to add actually functional pharmaceuticals to functionally useless herbal concoctions.

3 hours ago, Oxx said:

Can you post a high resolution, sharply in focus, image of the ingredients listed? I or others (I'm sure) would be happy to try to translate.

However, do be aware that the actually ingredients may not match those listed; it's pretty common to add actually functional pharmaceuticals to functionally useless herbal concoctions.

Does this help? https://translate.google.co.th/translate?hl=en&sl=th&u=http://www.umegold.com/&prev=search

• 4 months later...

I tried it for the first time today - definitely felt the physiological effects after a few minutes - no idea what will come of it but looking at the ingredients - everything in it is good for the human body. ?

5 or 6 years ago, I had the same experience, suddenly peeing blood and all sorts of dark matter.  it looked like I was draining the crankcase of an old tractor. It did truly freak me out...not a sight one ever wants to see.

I'm fortunate to have a local friend who is a retired physician.  He reassured me that there can be many different causes of such an episode including a broken minor blood vessel which according to him, happens far more often in our bodies than we ever know.  He counseled that I wait 48 hours and to seek treatment from a urologist if it continued beyond that point.  It completely went away by the next day, clear stream all the way and has never returned.

It certainly would not be a bad idea to check with a urologist even if it does go away, just to be on the safe side.

Edited by dddave