New Speaker System won't work.

chiangrai

I just got a CREATIVE speaker system delivered to the house.

I unboxed it and it played perfectly.

So I put it where it was going to live and unraveled all the wires, plugged it in again and it wouldn't work.

There was sound coming out of the speakers even when the power was off and when I turned on the volume/on/off switch nothing happened.

Then when I started  playing with the volume switch a shrill moaning sound came out of the bottom of the Amp(the main part,it came with what I call the amp and 2 separate speakers).

It came out of the underside of the amp,there is a speaker like circular form on the underside of the Amp.

I am using a laptop with a dodgy copy of windows 10,genuine copy but badly installed if that might be the problem but why would it have played well the first time.

The speaker system is Creative Inspire T3300 and cost 1400bht delivered..Returning it to the seller(on Lazada) would be about half the cost of the machine).

What do you think the problem is?

Edited by Jai Dee
text tidied up - no change to content

Take a photo of the whole thing with your smart phone and post it.  I have a creative system 2 speakers and a woofer hooked to my computer no problem.  I have 3 speaker systems that I switch back and forth between with no problems.  There is a little icon speaker in the bottom right of the taskbar right click on that and take a photo of what you see.  

Have you plugged the system into the correct port (headphone jack) on your laptop?

Capture.JPG

The power and volume control are integrated into one independent wired remote control for the speaker system... have you tried adjusting this?

11 hours ago, chiangrai said:

It came out of the underside of the amp,there is a speaker like circular form on the underside of the Amp.

This is your subwoofer.

Thanks for your help Jai Dee.

There is only one port that the system jack will go into and that's the headphone jack so it must be the right one.

Adjusting the remote volume control is when this shrill moaning sound happens.

It's weird when I play an audio and still haven't turned on the volume switch on there is sound coming out  of the speakers.There is no green light on the volume switch but if you put the speaker to your ear you can hear the audio.

Turn on the volume switch to full volume and nothing happens.The green light comes on but the volume of the audio in the speaker is really low.

Play with the volume switch and the moaning noise comes out out of the subwoffer.

In fact when you play with the volume switch when there is no audio playing the noise comes out of the subwoofer.

Can any body diagnose the problem given these symptoms.

The main thing I want to rule out is that it's not a problem with my laptop or my OP.If that's the case I can bring it to a shop that fixes speakers and not a computer repair shop.

Thanks for the help guys.Much appreciated.

The faint audio you hear in the speakers when they are turned off is coming from the laptop headphone amplifier and indicates that the laptop is most likely not the problem. Its possible that the audio amplifier in the speakers has gone faulty but continues to pass the strong audio signal from the laptop.

Turn off the speakers.
Remove the audio plug from the laptop and place it on a non conducting surface.

Turn on the speakers and set the volume to mid position and there should be little or no noise from the speakers.

Pinch the metal part of the audio plug with your thumb and first finger and the speakers should emit a humming sound.

NOTE - You can also test these speakers with a mp3 player or mobile device that has 3.5mm output socket.

On 1/9/2018 at 2:12 PM, maxpower said:

NOTE - You can also test these speakers with a mp3 player or mobile device that has 3.5mm output socket.

Most mobile phones (except the latest Apple iPhones) have a speaker port you could try.

As far as your laptop is concerned do you get any audio out from the inbuilt speakers?

Try playing something from Youtube... your favourite rock band or similar, and adjust the sliding volume control bar from the speaker icon in the task bar at the bottom right hand side of your desktop. Alternatively, instead of searching for your own music you could sample other member's favourites here.

That should help you determine if your laptop and OS is working OK.

On 08/01/2018 at 10:03 PM, chiangrai said:

The speaker system is Creative Inspire T3300 and cost 1400bht delivered..Returning it to the seller(on Lazada) would be about half the cost of the machine).

Returns to Lazada are free and easy so long as you're within the 7 day returns period. Just go to your account, find the order and click on the returns button. Fill in the details you can opt to return via Thai Post or through 7-Eleven, you'll get a document to print out, make two copies, take them and your item, repacked in the original packaging, to the Post Office and off it goes. They'll re-credit your bank account or give you a credit against your next purchase.

Sending stuff back with Lazada is painless and free.

I really didn't know that.I thought I had to pay for the postage back.

I'm really embarrassed to say this but I've found the problem.I had the wire that goes from the earphone jack to the subwoofer wrong way round. I had the jack that goes into the earphone going into the subwoofer and visa versa.

How frightfully embarrassing.......

It's an amazing sound out of such a small system.....

1400bht.

Thanks Guys.Sorry for the wind up.