Cold Weather Gear

bino

The GF is going to Seoul at the end of the month on a university education trip. I've been looking at the temperatures there.... and she is gonna freeze her a$$ off. (not a bad thing really when I think about it.. but anyway) 3 C in the daytime, and below freezing at night. One of the recreation activities during her stay is a skiing trip. She is going to need some warm clothes.

Can anyone recommend places in Bangkok to get a warm coat, gloves, etc, and possibly some warm / waterproof type of skiing pants? I'm envisoning her falling down a lot on her first attempt at skiing!

My sister at home in Canada has a relly cool Columbia skiing set- complete with a "Made in Thailand" label. Anyone know where the sweatshop / factory is?

Any suggestions welcomed!

MBK 4th floor

I can't remember which end of the mall but it's a big area where they sell t shirts and pants and all manner of clothing.

There is a shop that sells North Face-Columbia and other brands for very cheap.

When the company sent Thai's overseas it always gave them an allowance to buy a warm coat on arrival in the country.

Bino,

When my bf comes to Korea (Busan not Seoul, not as cold but still hella cold for Thai people) His skin gets really really dry. Like I have never seen before. So tell your gf to bring a lot of moisturizer and a good brand. Everytime he returns from Busan everyone comments on how white he is because all of his dark skin flakes off! Can't help you with the clothes as he buys his gear when he arrives, but she will need to buy a good warm coat in BKK at least.

The GF is going to Seoul at the end of the month on a university education trip. I've been looking at the temperatures there.... and she is gonna freeze her a$$ off. (not a bad thing really when I think about it.. but anyway) 3 C in the daytime, and below freezing at night. One of the recreation activities during her stay is a skiing trip. She is going to need some warm clothes.

Can anyone recommend places in Bangkok to get a warm coat, gloves, etc, and possibly some warm / waterproof type of skiing pants? I'm envisoning her falling down a lot on her first attempt at skiing!

My sister at home in Canada has a relly cool Columbia skiing set- complete with a "Made in Thailand" label. Anyone know where the sweatshop / factory is?

Any suggestions welcomed!

a very good selection of jacket is in pinklaow , i think 3 floor next to central , they have timberland and many other ( thai factory ) price at 2500 - 3000 baht

Bino,

When my bf comes to Korea (Busan not Seoul, not as cold but still hella cold for Thai people) His skin gets really really dry. Like I have never seen before. So tell your gf to bring a lot of moisturizer and a good brand. Everytime he returns from Busan everyone comments on how white he is because all of his dark skin flakes off! Can't help you with the clothes as he buys his gear when he arrives, but she will need to buy a good warm coat in BKK at least.

Same happens to me and my family, lots of cream is needed. My little daughter looks like she has been boiled but my bigger daughter seems to be fine with it. Dry cold air.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions and advice- especially about the moisturizer. We're off on a shopping expedition tomorrow.

I'd be content to let her go and load up a credit card, buying what he needs when she gets there, but she is going on a university group tour where almost all of her time is planned in advance. Combined with the fact that she doesn't have a clue where anything is in Seoul and doesn't understand the language, she wants to get everything here and ready before she goes.

Maky thanks again..

Bino

MBK 4th floor

I can't remember which end of the mall but it's a big area where they sell t shirts and pants and all manner of clothing.

Should be good prices as plenty of manufacturing for Northface winterwear goes on in Vietnam and if I can get ahold of diverted Northface goods in the US, there should be good deals in Bangkok.

MBK was the deal... third floor at the hotel end. Lots of shops and choices. Got everything she will need- a really good coat, boots, hat, gloves, scarf, snow pants, even found long underwear!

Thanks again to everyone for the advice!

MBK 4th floor

I think you will find that North Face and similar products are not shipped to Thailand, for obvious reasons. You will however find a large range of good copies available everywhere, especially at MBK!

I am sure there is a camping / outdoor shop along sukhumvit between 23 and 33.

can confirm it is between 23 and 31, closer to 31.

Found another outdoor shop at Latprao Soi 89 on the left if you are going towards the Mall Bangkapi.