Sun, sea, sand... and a £5bn sex trade: Seedy side of Brit crooks' Thai haven

webfact

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Forget about the girls, it is selling those darn T-shirts with silly slogans on them that gives Pattaya the bad global name.........:sad:

You joke, it must have been around 1990 odd when a mate of mine was renting what was the Billion Bar in Pattayaland 1, the News of the World ran a centre page spread about the 'cockroach infested bar' so he thought a good idea to have T shirts made and sold in the bar saying 'I survived the Billion Bar as recommended by the News of the World' with the article on the back. For some reason, this did not impress the local BIB or higher ups, not long after, his feet didn't touch the ground and he was banned for life!

The UK gutter press drag up the same old stories about here every so often, got to sell the papers........

11 minutes ago, Mattd said:

You joke, it must have been around 1990 odd when a mate of mine was renting what was the Billion Bar in Pattayaland 1, the News of the World ran a centre page spread about the 'cockroach infested bar' so he thought a good idea to have T shirts made and sold in the bar saying 'I survived the Billion Bar as recommended by the News of the World' with the article on the back. For some reason, this did not impress the local BIB or higher ups, not long after, his feet didn't touch the ground and he was banned for life!

The UK gutter press drag up the same old stories about here every so often, got to sell the papers........

:smile: The centre spread article in the News of the World was about the Billion giving out the best BJ's in Pattaya, the manager was recorded on every word he said. This was the reason he was kicked out.

I can only believe it was cockroach infested but can't remember seeing any T-shirts stating that. I was staying in an upstairs room just across the road in what was Dave's GB bar when that was going on.

Oh and yes, it was tongue in cheek about the T-shirts................:tongue:

Edited by chrisinth

1 hour ago, Thian said:

There are an estimated 2.8 million prostitutes in the country, with around 40,000 of them children who are forced into selling sex.

I keep on hearing/reading this but have never seen it myself in Thailand. And those children must have parents who are Thai as well i assume.

I just wished Thailand could clean it's name about childprostitution....my wife doesn't even dare to say she's Thai when in Europe.

2.8 million prostitutes in Thailand... Sorry Sir impossible I read those funny figures too on Wikipedia.  But on the same page: "The most reliable suggestion is that there are between 150,000 and 200,000 sex workers"

2 800 000  would mean, having a quick look at the population's age pyramid,  that 1 out of 5 Thai women between 15 and 40 years old would be a prostitute.

One out of five women between fifteen and forty years old in the whole country would be a prostitute..ri-di-cu-lous!

2 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

The centre spread article in the News of the World was about the Billion giving out the best BJ's in Pattaya, the manager was recorded on every word he said. This was the reason he was kicked out.

Actually he was eventually kicked out for overstay / minor drug offences, he was kept in Soi 9 for weeks, I know coz I ended up paying for his flight out, never got the money back, nor will I ever, as unfortunately he is long dead.

It was an area I knew very well in my earlier days, as used to drink around there a lot, as Dave originally had the TCF bar on PL2, ah the good old days............

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

hey luv ...  ya funcy a trap ta Pattaya far tha holideys .....    oh yer luv,  tha wood be luvly ... :cheesy:

Steven i do not try using aussie slang,please stop your miserable attempt at northern English, its pathetic.

Brits pretty much have a lock down on sex in their own country. By all but banning prostitution and by portraying sex as a morally dirty, seedy, sleazy, sinful and guilty pursuit. Now they continue to try to eradicate sex in every other country that they find it. Well in Thailand sex is not a sin against a Christian god but something like sanook or fun. So the boring conservative British media should better focus on the drunken fights happening across provincial towns in their country every Friday and Saturday as a result of nobody being able to get laid.

Edited by Ketyo
Additional text

2 hours ago, Essecola said:

Is this supposed to be breaking news or something?

This is breaking news, no doubt: "With its idyllic beaches and crystal clear blue seas, Pattaya could be the definition of paradise."

Highlight and right click Google Search this "journalist's" name. 

Willing to bet she never set foot in Thailand to research and write this regurgitated,  warmed over white space filler for the esteemed "Daily Mirror", dated 9 January 2018.

Just 5 days ago, she seemed completely immersed with the major problems of a new age women in a terrible 1st world country, like the UK.  Flaming an incompetent "BT Care" call centre about her home internet service, claiming she can't live without it because she "works from home" - right, pushing out more internet rubbish, no doubt.   Another moan about her daughter's new school shoes that hadn't been delivered yet (oh my!).   She's also allergic to shellfish.  Figures. 

https://muckrack.com/amanda-killelea

12 minutes ago, Mattd said:

Actually he was eventually kicked out for overstay / minor drug offences, he was kept in Soi 9 for weeks, I know coz I ended up paying for his flight out, never got the money back, nor will I ever, as unfortunately he is long dead.

It was an area I knew very well in my earlier days, as used to drink around there a lot, as Dave originally had the TCF bar on PL2, ah the good old days............

Like you say, the good old days. Never knew Dave had a partnership in the Two Camels, the original Dave's GB was on Beach Road before he moved to PL1 and then he moved again to 2nd Road down near Soi 2; that closed soon after he died.

6 minutes ago, mikiea said:

idyllic beaches ? you lost me after the first four words .......

Right!  So many of these copy cat exposes start out like that. 

Last week was the Aussie's turn in the barrel.  This week, Millennial Mom's outrage from the UK.....

No doubt this one sits on her bum at home in the UK, flogging internet "content".  All the photos in this Mirror article are credited to "Getty".

Edited by 55Jay

7 minutes ago, chrisinth said:

Never knew Dave had a partnership in the Two Camels

Yeah, originally with Alan and Jeep, Jeep pulled out quite quickly and is still around I think, his partner in Billion was Bob.

Though I do mean Dave as in Billion Dave, not Dave GB.

We must have bumped in to each other in those days, it was a small town then.

26 minutes ago, Ketyo said:

Brits pretty much have a lock down on sex in their own country. By all but banning prostitution and by portraying sex as a morally dirty, seedy, sleazy, sinful and guilty pursuit. Now they continue to try to eradicate sex in every other country that they find it. Well in Thailand sex is not a sin against a Christian god but something like sanook or fun. So the boring conservative British media should better focus on the drunken fights happening across provincial towns in their country every Friday and Saturday as a result of nobody being able to get laid.

I fully concur. Great post - and true.

Btw a friend of mine says in the North London suburb he lives is 'the stab capital of the world'.

Edited by SpeakeasyThai

Has anyone seen the new advert for Thai tourism? It's a weird mix of promoting Thailand as a holiday destination and a warning to foreigners to not get involved in human trafficking. You have tourists indulging in the good things, and then the same tourists looking at impoverished women and kids with a weird look on their faces. You can't tell if the tourists are tempted to buy sex or they're looking concerned at the plight of these individuals. 

What I inferred is that we (foreign tourists) are the reason human trafficking exists here. And if we stop participating in it, it will end. But this is merely my opinion of the video. It's most definitely confusing in a Thai way.