What switch to use?

planemad

Hi all, I have just finished constructing a table saw but I want to add an extra safety device to ensure that when the unit is connected to the mains, the switches are latched into the "off" position and will return there when I disconnect from the mains.

Lazada have some NO+NC Start Stop DPST Latching push button switches (220V), will this provide me with the safety features I require, or, failing that, what can you suggest that I should be using?

Many Thanks

Planemad.

Look for a "motor starter" with a no-volt release (NVR).

On and Off buttons, but if the power goes off whilst it is on it unlatches and turns off, you can't turn it on with no power.

This sort of thing https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NVR-Stop-Start-Switch-Button-Universal-KJD-Lathe-Mill-Drill-With-Emergency-230V/202087106736

s-l1600.jpg

• 5 months later...
On 1/11/2018 at 5:38 PM, planemad said:

Hi all, I have just finished constructing a table saw but I want to add an extra safety device to ensure that when the unit is connected to the mains, the switches are latched into the "off" position and will return there when I disconnect from the mains

I've just got this in the postimage.thumb.jpg.57ae60b925913cd1c711e6d3c4361a78.jpg

it does the job

Archived