Australian tourist suffers broken leg in Patong jet-ski collision

snoop1130

Australian tourist suffers broken leg in Patong jet-ski collision

Eakkapop Thongtub

1515662840_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- An Australian woman on holiday with her family in Phuket suffered a broken leg in a jet-ski collision off Tritrang Beach, south of Patong, this afternoon (Jan 11).

The accident, with two jet-skis colliding into each other, occurred at 3:20pm, reported Kusoldharm Foundation rescue workers at the scene.

“One woman had her left broken in the accident. The other two people injured were both men. One had a sore neck, the other suffered chest pains,” one rescue worker told The Phuket News.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/australian-tourist-suffers-broken-leg-in-patong-jet-ski-collision-65500.php#KpTz2BurPB5YHkHf.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2018-1-11

33 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

Will she be charged with reckless driving?

Presumably you are referencing the case a year or so ago when a tourist was charged with reckless driving causing death.

There is a huge difference between this incident and one involving a fatality.

28 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Presumably you are referencing the case a year or so ago when a tourist was charged with reckless driving causing death.

There is a huge difference between this incident and one involving a fatality.

The only difference is the degree of injuries, surely?

There had to be a similar amount of negligence for the jet skis to have collided.

This is typical of the stupid Thais' over-reactions to serious incidents and their stupid knee-jerk reactions.

1 hour ago, saminoz said:

The only difference is the degree of injuries, surely?

There had to be a similar amount of negligence for the jet skis to have collided.

This is typical of the stupid Thais' over-reactions to serious incidents and their stupid knee-jerk reactions.

You consider the charges (and penalty?) should be the same whenever there is a collision between jetskies causing injury? 

Degree of injury irrelevant, bruised toe or death, someone should always be charged?

3 hours ago, Old Croc said:

You consider the charges (and penalty?) should be the same whenever there is a collision between jetskies causing injury? 

Degree of injury irrelevant, bruised toe or death, someone should always be charged?

What I am saying is it is simply down to rated as to the extent of the injuries incurred.

A glancing blow might cause your bruised toe but a head on, or t-boning could cause serious injury or death.

Considering that these are holidaymakers with very likely scant experience,  surely it should be the responsibility of the jet ski rental companies  to provide adequate guidance and even separation if the jet skis.

After all given the fact tgatvthey are on tgecseam the difference between a glancing blow and a fatal accident could be down to a small wave or the wash from another craft.

The difference in applying a band aid for one, and the full force of the law for the other seems crazy when the choice if which is determined largely by fate.

As another poster put it.  Ban these things from beach rentals.  Tourists have enough danger to deal with from shitty Thai car drivers and homicidal bouncers!

I will read it as soon as I finish my reply, i.e. no doubt if she has insurance, she will quickly find out she is not covered and then we will see a go fund me request to raise money for her to get fixed up and sent back to Australia