Woman baring her buttock to showcase whitening product to face legal actions

rooster59

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That the authorities are giving this any attention at all comes across as hypocritical, sanctimonious and ultimately juvenile.

It must be time that the authorities here in Thailand back off these pathetic little issues and concentrate on many of the far larger and significant issues at hand. 

The unfortunate issue exists that handling the far larger and significant issues would rock the boat too much and its far easier for someone is a position of power to apply their knee-jerk reaction from their armchair in response to these innocuous issues which ultimately neither impact nor offend anyone but a pathetic ruling exists to hid behind.

There is no question that the baring of a buttock could lead to the cultural and moral degradation of the nation. People should not be exposed to buttocks. It makes them think bad thoughts. LOL.

Actually, are they questioning her choice of baring her butt, or the legality of the whitening cream? 

I think it has been proven that most whitening creams contain carcinogenic ingredients. The whole society is inane, when it comes to the spell they are under, with regard to whitening. Alot of it is due to the ads and TV shows they are exposed to. All of the super rich people are whiter than Casper the ghost, and all of the poor people are dark. Mass hypnosis. 

Many of us know how beautiful color is. There are so many women in this nation that have no idea how gorgeous their dark skin is, and what an incredible attribute it is. They have to figure out a way to engage in self love. Self esteem. Being happy with the lot you were given in life is an amazing thing. 

Meanwhile, everyone else gets to continue to sell their crappy and dangerous items online because they didn’t show their bums.

I just hope any kids didn’t see this video. They might get it into their head that if it’s an ugly person showing their ass, no one really cares. It could even be funny. If it’s a somewhere attractive person showing their ass, it’s immoral as it conjures up impure thoughts that are solely the responsibility of the person having them. 

3 hours ago, rooster59 said:

moral violations which might lead to cultural degradation

Another "official" trying to convince the public he is taking a bath in pure 'Moralin' every morning, while others get frequently caught having sex with minors in clubs advertising with neon signs like "Super Pussy". The real degradation must have happen elsewhere.

3 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

I assume this prosecution will be lead by the "Department of Future Crimes" in association with the "Thought Police".

I honestly thought at one time I would like to visit Thailand as a tourist and maybe rent a motorbike and ride all over the country, however stories such as this have made me think again.  How can there be a government that operates like this? 

"... the advertisement might cause misunderstanding and might encourage legal or moral violations which might lead to cultural degradation in defiance of Cosmetics Act B.E. 2558 which carries one-year jailterm and/or a fine of 100,000 baht."

Why would anyone want to visit a country where your life is in the hands of a government official who may imprison you today because he just F-N feels like it?  Wonder what it costs and who one must pay to get out of a mess like that.  (Sigh...)

However, he said that the advertisement might cause misunderstanding and might encourage legal or moral violations which might lead to cultural degradation in defiance of Cosmetics Act B.E. 2558 which carries one-year jailterm and/or a fine of 100,000 baht.

I'm sure that new flesh is welcome in any jail all over the country. Whitish or brownish..:stoner:

Edited by jenny2017

FDA deputy secretary-general Somchai Preechathaveekid clarified that the product shown in the controversial image Clear Dark body lotion was registered as a skin cosmetic..... (link.)

So... 

1/ the FDA is aware of the product

2/ the FDA has registered the product

maybe.... Just maybe....  the FDA should be investigated and if there is a problem with the product, then the FDA should be held accountable with  a charge of negligence, or similar, for registering a product that might be harmful in the first place.

As i learned in this country it is full of double moral as the whole country lost their moral attidudes due to the way how to make money or how to get tea money into their pockets: so this country lost his "face of smiling Thailand" since many years as it's runs by an totaly unmoral double face government and their supports of the rich and "beautiful" with all its effects!

8 hours ago, rkidlad said:

the corrupt authorities are getting to play the sanctimonious card.

Looks more like they are enforcing existing statutes. Sadly on a rather selective basis, as dubious "cosmetics" products are sold everyday here that don't confirm to the rest of the Act.

Cosmetics Act B.E. 2558 (2015)

Article 42
The advertisement of the cosmetics shall not be conducted in any certain
manner that causes trouble to consumers or deemed harmful to consumers’ health,
mentality and morality.