Dust and smog

Allen Ginsing

I was in Bangkok and the dust was giving me a headache so i decided to go to the Kanchanaburi but the same dust and smog was there. So down to Prachuap i went and here i am but the dust is still here, you can smell it in the air. It reminds me of India years ago, it gives things a certain look.

So what is up with all this dust? It is only January, usually it is March when things get like this?

Welcome to Thailand where is forbidden to smoking and drinking on the beach and to have fun with the sweety bar girls...That what you do call smog is pollution, in Bangkok from the very crazy traffic, in other parts of Thailand they burning the fields or like we know from very dirty factories.

In Pattaya it isn't very visible from street level, but looking out from my 15th floor condo everything is shrouded in a white smog, as it has been for several weeks. Following the heavy rain we had recently it was much improved, but today it's worse than ever.

I've taken to running the A/C set at 29° or 30°,  and I dislike air conditioning generally, because it recycles indoor air rather than pulling any more of the gunk from outside. 

5a5db6e8495c6_airone.png.f0299ac97c676e310a5e3a68fe2f5cd6.png5a5db6f6415db_airtwo(2).png.dfc00abb07eaf7139bc7347f5e6ce5f6.png

Edited by Suradit69

This is not burning season pollution.  This is crappy air from China that comes down in the winter,

pushed by Arctic winds.  The worst of it is mid-January to mid-March.  AQI readings of 150+ the

last few days.  That's not good.  Of course, the readings in China are off the charts at 300-500!!!!

Can you imagine living in that crap!  And I'm from L.A.!!!!

This is not burning season pollution.  This is crappy air from China that comes down in the winter,
pushed by Arctic winds.  The worst of it is mid-January to mid-March.  AQI readings of 150+ the
last few days.  That's not good.  Of course, the readings in China are off the charts at 300-500!!!!
Can you imagine living in that crap!  And I'm from L.A.!!!!
You can be correct - air quality in Beijing has been remarkably good as the dirt is blowing south?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Nice map. If those orange spots are pollution then it's pretty clear it's not coming from China since the air between China and Thailand is good. Pollution is made in Thailand. Make no mistake, the burning season of northern Thailand started late October (when the rains stopped) and is going strong and will go until around May (when rains start). Same story every year.

6 hours ago, chingching said:

here is a great interactive map, u can see micro particle distribution, as well as some other stuff

https://earth.nullschool.net/#current/particulates/surface/level/overlay=pm1/orthographic=100.72,12.85,3000/loc=109.170,12.078

India is amazing

There was smog down to Surat thani, also Kanchanburi, so the map does not seem very acuate...but other useful, thanks.

I would like to go back to India but can't stand pollution. Same with Nepal.

Edited by Allen Ginsing