OK been jumping thru hoops

bumofdabeach

I don't know about your specific case. But I heard that sometimes people in the offices will always find something extra they want. Maybe a translator, or a document, or this or that. And if you bring one they will ask for another one.

Until you tell them that you would love to do all that but it's so far and you have to spend so much money and time to get these things and if maybe there is another way to do this. And then maybe they will tell you, or more likely your Thai partner, that maybe a little donation will help...

Be careful and don't throw the cash over the counter, and maybe sometimes they really want and insist on a specific document, but maybe not...

You want to register what? mariage, parenthood, where you live?

@onemorefarang

Try to find the rules, that give which documents are required. An amphur can demand more documents, but in that case you can ask them to state the reasons for asking for these documents in writing. They do not only have to provide you with this letter, they even have to get the letter signed by the neigh amphur, the chief district officer.

Normally they will not go that route and back off as first they now have to explain to their boss and secondly they can be challenged in court and if deemed unnecessarily have to pay for the expenses you made.

Government employers 101: cover your backside. The remedie is to expose their backside. And that was advise I received from my amphur when I moved to another amphur and had some trouble with getting paperwork. It worked just fine.

2 hours ago, Preacher said:

You want to register what? mariage, parenthood, where you live?

@onemorefarang

Try to find the rules, that give which documents are required. An amphur can demand more documents, but in that case you can ask them to state the reasons for asking for these documents in writing. They do not only have to provide you with this letter, they even have to get the letter signed by the neigh amphur, the chief district officer.

Normally they will not go that route and back off as first they now have to explain to their boss and secondly they can be challenged in court and if deemed unnecessarily have to pay for the expenses you made.

Government employers 101: cover your backside. The remedie is to expose their backside. And that was advise I received from my amphur when I moved to another amphur and had some trouble with getting paperwork. It worked just fine.

It's interesting that you address your comment at me. I don't have to register anything. But what I described is what I heard from a friend who was hassled by one of those government officials and for him something like 1000B was the easy solution. I don't say this works everywhere but it seems in some cases a little money helps a lot to get things done.

Archived