Reporting Whereabouts to Immigration

5 hours ago, ftpjtm said:

We will have some friends who live in the Philippines visit in March for about 1week. They'll likely spend a day or two at our house, followed by a night at a hotel, and repeat. So Technically they are supposed to report to Jomtiem Immgration twice in one week? Seriously?!?

Again, if they have no reason to visit an internal Immigration office, then I suggest you ignore the TM30 notification.

They won't be questioned on departure of 'where they stayed'.

Does the tm30 submission have to be done within 24hrs? How big is the tabien baan? I dont know whether our partner had sent it our home office when they applied for a b visa for me. Thai id card i hav seen. I dont think my name will be on the baan. How much does xeroxing cost at the airport ( chiang mai) pls and where is it. Anywhere i can do a couple of copies free??

Edited by Master Jairam
Master

5 hours ago, Master Jairam said:

Does the tm30 submission have to be done within 24hrs?

Yes, or next day they are open.

How big is the tabien baan? ... I dont think my name will be on the baan.

I needed signed copies of the owner's tabian-baan and the tabian-baan of the place I say.  Your name does not need to be on the one where you stay.

Thai id card i hav seen.

You will need a signed-copy of this from the owner.

How much does xeroxing cost at the airport ( chiang mai) pls and where is it. Anywhere i can do a couple of copies free??

A CM person can answer these - but in general, copies are a few baht each.

13 hours ago, dotpoom said:

This particular one always confuses me. I have lived here 17 years and come and go many times during that time. I have never reported to Soi 5 upon my return. I start the clock ticking for my 90 day report from whe the day I arrive back in Thailand. When I report to Soi 5 they have never asked me why I did not report my return within 24 hrs....I own my own condo?

Me too but I rent.

18 hours ago, dotpoom said:

This particular one always confuses me. I have lived here 17 years and come and go many times during that time. I have never reported to Soi 5 upon my return. I start the clock ticking for my 90 day report from whe the day I arrive back in Thailand. When I report to Soi 5 they have never asked me why I did not report my return within 24 hrs....I own my own condo?

Different databases.

When you make a 90 day report, they just use their local database for your file.

Your entry/exit record is on a central database, which they can access if required, but rarely do unless they have cause to.

I've filed a fair few TM30's in my time, even before the law was being enforced. That's just how I read and interpreted the law, so filed when I moved house, or every time I exited and re-entered the Country.

In earlier years at my IO, it became a standing joke because nobody filed a TM30 (hotels excepted). I was the exception to the rule and it amused them. Not so now!

I can't recall ever filing within 24 hours of returning to my residence though. (Jetlag, settling in)

I always put the same date on the form as the date I submitted it.........never questioned.

The entry stamp in my Passport, if they checked, would certainly show I entered days before, but where I resided in those missing days is never queried........they just appear happy I complied with the law (eventually).

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Master Jairam said:

Not married.

5 hours ago, USPatriot said:

My wife is the home owner. So it's her responsibility to report my presence there?

so i thought he was married to a thai lady.

It was the OP (ftpjtm) that made that statement, not Master Jairam.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1