Job Offer THB250k

If they are willing to pay 250k (thb)a month or year(€) and want you fully focussed on the role and not preoccupied with matters like this. Tell em to chuck in 6 months accomodation until your on your feet. And a motor. 

Edited by Rc2702

After tax I guess that's something like 205k based on an 18% overall tax rate, the tax tables are here:

http://www.rd.go.th/publish/6045.0.html

If you paid 40k a month for accommodation (all in) that's one-fifth of your net salary which doesn't seem that far off. But you'll need to be careful with utility costs unless you're going into a serviced apartment since they will get marked up and can become quite expensive, especially if you like aircon. all the time.

So if you want to stay around the one-fifth of net salary mark, that suggests getting a monthly contract for an all in serviced apartment at 40k a month, which should be doable, or, renting for around 30/35k a month plus utilities - in the case of the latter you'll probably need to get out of the centre a bit which means a commute every day.

Edited by simoh1490

Several posts and replies to them have been removed for violating this forum rule.

Forum Netiquette

3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native English speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

I worked a 4 day on/off 12 hour night shift at Asoke. A 2,300 baht a month fan room did me for a sleep and shower. Located directly st Huay Kwang MRT I was at work in 5 minutes. Days off were spent at my beach residence. Salary dosnt really  come in to it. Its whats required  and suits your needs. 

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Several posts and replies to them have been removed for violating this forum rule.

It's true that we are enjoined to be polite about other people's shocking spelling and/or grammar, but given this topic and depending on the kind of job involved, it would not be totally irrelevant to point out that some companies or institutions might react negatively to an applicant's poor spelling ----- it may mean the difference between getting or retaining a job ...and not.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That depends upon where you will be living and what you want.

It could be as little as 5,000 baht up to 60k baht for a high rent area.

Since I'm pretty sure that this job is around 75 km far from BKK & in an industrial area you might should consider to look around in this tourist-destination near by. There you should find in 3rd or 4th line a condo about 10 to 15 k thb.

Way to work needs a bike or car.

Btw: do you speak properly Thai & German language to fit in this position? Just currious asking...

Good luck ?

That salary only can be for a high company position. Better to ask the company about what may be your cost of living here. They may send a relocation package for you, including cost of medical insurance, transportation, and more with your home rental cost. After that, you may need to ask them to include it with your salary.