Can you get: Proof an expat living in Thailand doesn't own a condo or apartment here?

Why do non Thai authorities wish to have this proof?

Logically the only answer that I can think of is for you  to visit every land office in Thailand and for them to supply confirmation that they have no record of you.

I suspect that this will very difficult to achieve

Even then you can control a company which owns a property. 

Your request lacks credibility

Maybe others can prove me wrong

22 hours ago, digitalmarketingmanager said:

they can ask

Who are "they"?

18 minutes ago, Emster23 said:

prove you are not thinking of a green unicorn

Wish you had not written that. 

I can't stop thinking about green unicorns.

Edited by 12DrinkMore

21 hours ago, Delight said:

Logically the only answer that I can think of is for you  to visit every land office in Thailand and for them to supply confirmation that they have no record of you.

Inheritance tax is based on domicile not residence. Your country of origin could be interested.

1 hour ago, huawei said:

Inheritance tax is based on domicile not residence. Your country of origin could be interested.

I am not sure why the OP needs proof, but if it is the case that he needs to prove that he does not own a condo in Thailand, I would get a lawyer to sign a letter to that effect. Lawyers will sign anything for a fee....

As for inheritance tax, if the OP is domiciled in Thailand and inherited money from the UK, he would be taxed on that inheritance in the UK regardless of how long he had lived here. Other situations and countries I know not.

On 1/18/2018 at 4:11 PM, digitalmarketingmanager said:

When selling a property abroad they can ask expats living in Thailand to supply proof you don't own a property in Thailand. 

This sentence has several ambiguities.

Where is "abroad?" Do you mean a property back in your home country or are you referring to Thailand as "abroad" or do you mean some country that is neither Thailand nor your home country?

Who is "they" and are they asking because you live in Thailand specifically or Thailand simply as an example of any country that is not your home country?

What difference would it make if you did or did not own a property in Thailand? Taxes? Inheritance issues? Anal retentive bureaucratic intrusiveness?

How could "they" seriously expect someone to prove that he doesn't own any property anywhere in Thailand?

Edited by Suradit69

If the OP means that he needs to show proof that he does not own a condo (or maybe other assets) in Thailand, or for that matter anywhere else other than his home country. I would agree with replies above, it would take a lot of work.

You could make a Statutory Declaration to this affect. Also show a rental contract for your address.

If you are getting divorced in your home country the wife's lawyer maybe looking for your assets to "rape and pillage".

When I was getting divorced in Australia (working is Singapore at the time) my wife's lawyer came up with all sorts of fantasy.

I hope this is NOT your problem. Good luck.

As has been pointed out it is not possible to "prove" that something doesn't exist.

All the state power of Saddam Hussein failed to prove that there were no WMD in Iraq.

Let us hope that "they" do not find it necessary to destroy you and your surrounding infrastructure in order to be convinced.

(Maybe you could post the actual wording of the request that you have received from "them" and "their" identity, so that those who might be able to advise you do not have to deal with your confusing and obfuscatory misinterpretation of it?)

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 5:46 PM, Delight said:

Social housing authority's in home country making this a obligation  to give you housing ......Owners may not be given social housing in your home country ....maybe someone wish to have " a cheap step in " in his home country when visiting ....? 

Edited by david555