WARNING: attacked by foreign robber

Kmau

14 hours ago, catman20 said:

more to the point what did he hit you with ? 27 stitches :shock1:

Maybe a knuckle duster, or brass knuckles in some circles.  Don't know why they allow street vendors to sell these things, but they are everywhere.  I have even seen short lead filled billies, like the cops carried back in the 50's & 60's.

Edited by TunnelRat69

3 hours ago, jkthai said:

FWIW , we were walking past asok /suk junction last night , little tent with a few police and a soldier positioned there , maybe as a result of the incident ?

Soi Cowboy Piss test Station, they set up a couple times a month, normally on a weekend.

On 1/18/2018 at 7:13 PM, ukrules said:

If any stranger approaches you - ignore them and continue with your business.

They're often up to no good and they tend to strike when you're distracted.

Ok got that, ignore you if you approach me in desperate need of asssistance.

Do you practice Llap Goch as well?

The Secrets of Llap Goch

Edited by Enoon

7 hours ago, stevymac said:

Even if this scum was caught . What would the punishment be? Seems like 500 baht and a wai gets u out of most things these days. Anyway hope they catch the Pos

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

As he is foreign, likely he would be held and deported. I suspect  he wouldn't be able to produce fully valid documents. Actually I was hoping to read  as locals held him, that police had arrived and detained him, but apparently not. A desperate individual who is trying to get people to give him cash who gets violent if his scamming doesn't work out. If he is at large he will injure someone again.

Edited by jacko45k

Sounds like the same guy I ran into at Siam Discovery. He told me his passport and wallet was stolen and needed some cash. He got really agitated when I asked for details so I just told him to <deleted> off. Im a pretty big young guy so dont think he wanted to swing on me. He also had some bruising under his right eye at the time. This was last year around September.

On 19/01/2018 at 12:54 PM, Baerboxer said:

I think its sensible advice, whether in your home country or in a different country; whether new to that country or experienced.

Sadly we live in a world full of deceitful, thieving, scamming criminals, some of whom are quite willing and capable of employing violence. Add to that the crazies and those fueled by drugs, including the readily available alcohol and you've plenty to be cautious about.

Situational awareness, caution and taking care - sensible advice. But that doesn't mean that having considered things that you shouldn't offer assistance to those genuinely in need.

I've offered help to people who've needed it. Some are grateful and others shy away if they're nervous of accepting help or too much help, as is their choice.

Bottom line, it's a rum old world we live in. Take care.

From Hill Street Blues