My Filipina girlfriend she lost her TM6 Departure card, she's paranoid she cannot leave Thailand without regularisation at Immigration Office

My Filipina girlfriend she lost her TM6 Departure Card, just after she process the extention of stay, we knew that as we arrived home.

Go & back to CW, it cost nearly 900 THB with the taxi, from where we live I would like to avoid use again it just for a TM6.

Now I told her, I think no problem, but she keep thinking she will get problem as leaving Thailand, & we should go back to  CW Immigration, but I don't want to spend again alot of taxi money.

There's sure, it will not be trouble, so I can show my topic to her, to make her tranquillized that she can leave Thailand without problem, even without going to the Immigration Office,

Because I read report that mean it's Ok to use a new TM6 Form, but the number will don't match with the one she entered so it can be problematic ?

In the event you found out that your departure card is missing, file a report at your local police station and pay the 20 baht fee. After that, visit your immigration where you do your 90-day report and request for a new one. It's free so you won't have to worry about paying something. Just be polite because you're the one in need of something.

http://www.khonphilippine.com/2015/09/lost-tm-6-departure-card-what-should-i.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just get a new form at the airport from one of the check in counters, fill in all the relevant details and remove the Arrival half as you don't need this part any more.

The actual arrival stamp is in her passport anyway.  Ever since they stopped stapling the forms in, I've lost mine twice - once the Chinese Embassy lost it for me, and once at the India visa office (note to self - buy a stapler).

• Like 2

You can save on the 900 Baht taxi round trip by taking a bus or minivan. Plenty of buses run along Wipawadee and Chaengwatana Roads. Losing a TM6 is not as scary as your girlfriend makes it out to be and can be sorted out at CW Immigration without too much hassle. Having a neurotic girlfriend must be a heavy burden. However, no one ever got jailed or blacklisted because of a missing TM6 card.

• Sad 1

Assuming your girlfriend last entered Thailand less than about 10 years ago, loss of the TM6 is an absolute non issue. She can simply fill out a new TM6 form at the airport. All the details are in immigration's system, and the official will simply cross reference the new and old TM6 form numbers in their computer.

I have once lost a TM6 form myself. Tell your girlfriend to stop worrying.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Assuming your girlfriend last entered Thailand less than about 10 years ago, loss of the TM6 is an absolute non issue. She can simply fill out a new TM6 form at the airport. All the details are in immigration's system, and the official will simply cross reference the new and old TM6 form numbers in their computer.

I have once lost a TM6 form myself. Tell your girlfriend to stop worrying.

She's worried about what happens when she leaves. What can they do? Lock her up? Black list her? It might be a small problem when applying for an extension, but if she tells them she lost it, what's the drama? I'm sure thousands of tourists are losing these every day. Why did they stop stapling them in?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zoltannyc said:

In the event you found out that your departure card is missing, file a report at your local police station and pay the 20 baht fee. After that, visit your immigration where you do your 90-day report and request for a new one. It's free so you won't have to worry about paying something. Just be polite because you're the one in need of something.

http://www.khonphilippine.com/2015/09/lost-tm-6-departure-card-what-should-i.html

Going to the police station to report the loss of a TM6 form is typical way over the top advice given to stressed out Filipinos on a Filipino website. I wouldn't waste police time with such a trivial matter not to mention wasting my own time. What's the point? To prove to the Immigration department that she's genuinely lost it and not just hiding it? The only evidence she needs that she lost it is that she doesn't have it.

She's leaving, not doing a 90-day report or an extension. If the immigration officers were really concerned about this they would have continued stapling them in. 

• Like 1

This is absolutely not a problem. The immigration officer at the airport departure will just give her a new one to fill out. If she fills one out by herself before being given a new one, I would be sure to tell the officer as they may keep a record of the number of the original one.

Edited by JohnThailandJohn
  • Like 1

I have lost every TM6 form I have received. I usually just fill in a new one at Immigration. An overzealous airline counter staff once demanded to see it. I told her she was not an immigration official and asked to see her boss who waved me on to immigration where, as stated before, they just gave me a new form to fill. You are worrying and wasting money on a non issue. 

• Like 2

No problem at all...lost one last year and the immigration officer at the airport at departure just gave me a new blank form...
Likewise, I've lost a few over the years.

Before computer processing there was no crosscheck of numbers, and now they probably don't, even though they can. If they do, what's the significance? The same info is on a new card.

Australia has scrapped departure cards. They serve no purpose, except as a reminder of more bureaucratic times.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

The Immigration Office lost mine when extending my 1-year permission for staying in the Kingdom, which I noticed when my passport was returned. »No problem,« the kind officer said and gave me a new one; seemed like she had a pile of departure-cards ready under the desk. I had a photocopy in my immigration-document folder with my old card visible, and when shopwing her that, she crossed out the number in the new card, and instead hand-wrote the code from the old one...:wink:

• Like 1