Extending a single entry Non-O Visa

Thanks for original response, Ubonjoe.   In reply, I am married to a Thai lady, and we jointly own a condo here in Pattaya.  Can I therefore apply for a 60 day extension and what docs will I need for Jomptien Immigration ?  Thanks again in anticipation.

8 minutes ago, AlbionBob said:

Thanks for original response, Ubonjoe.   In reply, I am married to a Thai lady, and we jointly own a condo here in Pattaya.  Can I therefore apply for a 60 day extension and what docs will I need for Jomptien Immigration ?  Thanks again in anticipation.

You can apply for the 60 day extension. Your wife will have to be with you.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

You will need proof of residence. If you wife's house book is for your the condo that will be accepted as proof.

One last question and I promise to leave you alone !    I reported to Immigration on arrival within 24 hours as required and got the receipt stapled into my passport.  However, since then, we did a trip to Chiang Mai and stayed in a hotel that presumably notified the authorities that I was there.  I haven't bothered to report to Jomptien on my return (didn't think it was necessary).  Are they likely to fine me for this, even though I merely returned to my original location (our condo in Pattaya) ?

I didnt report anywhere when arriving ib early december on a multple non o visa, i didnt even know this was a requirement as ive never done this in the past, will i face any problems when going to extend at my local immigration here in aranyaprathet. My first place of stay was a hotel in bangkok.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

21 minutes ago, AlbionBob said:

Are they likely to fine me for this, even though I merely returned to my original location (our condo in Pattaya) ?

No they will not fine you.

You should have a receipt for the report you did stapled in your passport. When they see it they will know you did the report.

18 minutes ago, Jay2013 said:

I didnt report anywhere when arriving ib early december on a multple non o visa, i didnt even know this was a requirement as ive never done this in the past, will i face any problems when going to extend at my local immigration here in aranyaprathet. My first place of stay was a hotel in bangkok.

I don't recall any reports of Aranyaprathet enforcing the TM30 report requirements.

• 10 months later...
7 hours ago, edgarfriendly said:

What are the requirements for a 1 year extension of SE non-o visa for a non-married parent of a (legitimized) Thai child ?

The financial requirements are 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only or proof 40k baht income. The rules do not mention the money being in the bank for any amount of time but some offices require the 400k baht to be in the bank for 2 months.

You would need their birth certificate, documents proving the legitimization. copies of their house book registry, photos of you and your child in and around the house. The documents required and photos vary from office to office.

You child will have to be with you when you apply.

8 minutes ago, edgarfriendly said:

regarding the house book, we (they) are listed in the grandparents tabian baan in korat but we reside in bkk.

Does this mean we must apply in bkk or korat, or does it not matter so long as all the documents are in order?

You can apply in Bangkok. Where the children are registered is not important. 

15 minutes ago, edgarfriendly said:

is it the standard extension form for that?

You will need a completed TM7 form. Fillable TM7 form.pdf

General requirements are here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_18

Chaeng Wattana immigration will want the bank letter and the bank book updated on the same day you apply.

5 minutes ago, edgarfriendly said:

but i should have no issues applying in either cheang wattana or korat offices?

should it also be possible at 'any' immigration office, surat thani or chiang mai for example?

You have to do it at the designated office for where you are living and show proof of where you are living. 

oh, thanks for clarification.

i just saw tjis at the bottom;

An affidavit must also be submitted confirming the alien’s
marital or parental status with a Thai national.

do you know if this is the legitimization document (tabian lap long boot) or another in addition to it?

Edited by edgarfriendly
follow up

27 minutes ago, edgarfriendly said:

An affidavit must also be submitted confirming the alien’s
marital or parental status with a Thai national.

do you know if this the legitimization document or another in addition to it?

That is a statement done at immigration when the application is done.

Not sure they do them for an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai.

For marriage they have a form in Thai that the wife completes.