best & cheapest network in thailand ?

pumpjack

i have one2call AIS  

4 days ago i put in / top up 200 baht 

now its finished despite me making very few calls and little internet

when my data and calls finish today i recieved approx 10-20 text message to prompt me to top up WTAF ?

so now i want change from this network

who / what service provider is best ?

Each of the three main providers has a tonne of different promotions and some are quite generous with unlimited internet for a period.  You probably don't need to change provider, rather you need to check out all of the different promotions (there are many!) and choose the one that best suits your needs.  I have found that for around 400 baht I can get a SIM that gives me plenty of data and enough minutes to make calls for a one-month stay without the need to top it up.

Cheapest by far DTAC Plearn. 50 baht/year (=13 satang/day), which gives the user 64Kbps speed. :)

Best: If you are here for long term, check the 1 year options. I got DTAC Golden Dog 2Mbps/1900 baht/year package as my home network connection. It has been working fine for the past few weeks. 4Mbps/2800 baht/year.

Also AIS and CAT (MyNet) have good offers for long term use.

If you don't have a data plan and are using any internet at all the charges are punitive, that's likely where your 200 Baht has gone.

As noted above AiS and the others have some very competitive data plans, just sign up for one.

Be careful signing up for data plans, most everyone automatically renews and all are near impossible to cancel unless you go to an AIS office in person. My suspicion is that the OP has somehow signed up for a data plan and it takes money out everyday.

Separate the internet 3G/4G and the tel calls, the internet eats your money.

I found a good deal with True, bought an annual prepaid sim for 1990 THB at NASA in MBK (166THB/month) for internet 4Mbps and the other sim in my phone is only for telephone calls.

Edited by userabcd

56 minutes ago, Crossy said:

If you don't have a data plan and are using any internet at all the charges are punitive, that's likely where your 200 Baht has gone.

As noted above AiS and the others have some very competitive data plans, just sign up for one.

Yes, this how these systems work. Well said.

Go to one of the larger AIS offices, for instance in Siam Paragon on the 4th floor, and tell them what happened.  They will check your account, determine where the charges came from and suggest a remedy.  There is also a good chance they will credit your account for some of the charges.

Make sure you tell them you do not want SMS ads.

If you have a modern smartphone, there should be an app already installed that will show daily and accumulated data usage.  They can show it to you and also show you how to control data usage.

Edited by dddave

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

Be careful signing up for data plans, most everyone automatically renews and all are near impossible to cancel unless you go to an AIS office in person. My suspicion is that the OP has somehow signed up for a data plan and it takes money out everyday.

What complete nonsense. You can either have a daily weekly or monthly plan. You dont sign up with AIS for anything other than a monthly plan which with his 200 baht he couldnt get. Daily and weekly promotions are bought ad hoc and do not repeat. If the OP just uses data without a promotion he will quickly use 49 baht at which point they will send an SMS to say he now has free 512mb for 24 hours.

4 hours ago, jimn said:

What complete nonsense. You can either have a daily weekly or monthly plan. You dont sign up with AIS for anything other than a monthly plan which with his 200 baht he couldnt get. Daily and weekly promotions are bought ad hoc and do not repeat. If the OP just uses data without a promotion he will quickly use 49 baht at which point they will send an SMS to say he now has free 512mb for 24 hours.

I have weekly 99 B repeating