SURVEY: Should marijuana be legalized in Thailand?

Scott

SURVEY: Should marijuana be legalized in Thailand?  

299 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, ThaiFelix said:

What an exciting life you must live.....do you get strong urges when on hi rise balconies:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I just don't like second hand smoke.  Go ahead and ignore this point, but most non-smokers hate having to suffer second hand smoke.  I've never had an alcoholic force alcohol down my throat, or been held down by junkies that injected me with heroin.  Been bothered countless times by inconsiderate smokers, including pot smokers.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Top Chef said:

Many years ago Thailand was home to some of the best weed in the world (Thai-Stick & Buddha Weed ). Now Thailand is relegated, mostly, to some of the crappiest weed on the planet. With little or no benefit for the consumer.

Indeed, I remember it well from when I was in LOS in '71. As I travelled around, I would regularly be invited to share a bong. It was a common and unremarkable social lubricant in Thailand back then - lots of people smoked it, even though it was in fact illegal. And I don't recollect coming across any young people doing Ya Ba or similar back then, either. Why bother, when you have some of the best weed in the world on your doorstep?

4 hours ago, ChidlomDweller said:

I just don't like second hand smoke.  Go ahead and ignore this point, but most non-smokers hate having to suffer second hand smoke.  I've never had an alcoholic force alcohol down my throat, or been held down by junkies that injected me with heroin.  Been bothered countless times by inconsiderate smokers, including pot smokers.  

I don't drink, never have, don't like it or the effect it has on people, where it can turn an ordinary quiet man into someone who wants to fight the world.

Every time I've ever been for a night out, I was pestered to have a drink, over and over, it's ridiculous that people try to get non-drinkers to comply with their views of what is the 'norm' in society.
Alcoholics DO try to get others to drink with them, because they hate to drink alone. We have one in our family, he's a pain at all family functions.
Don't know a lot about marijuana smoking, but it doesn't seem to cause the violence, intoxicated driving, and general <deleted> you, that drinking does.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Colabamumbai said:

Yes like most of the world, should be in oil and edibles for those who do not smoke. I have smoked it and hashish for 50 years now.

Emphesyma is a permanent affliction of smoking anything for 50 years  -  Good Luck.:coffee1:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Until Thais can learn to drive responsibly with Alcohol still on sale, then its a no from me. I might give medical cases a vote but only if they were banned from driving - bans that most Thais seem to ignore anyway. 

Finally a like minded person  -  I made my comment before reading a single comment, that was the first thing that came to my mind.

1 hour ago, USPatriot said:

They legalize pot and im opening a 7-11 or a pizza place with pot infused pizza... sir that is the rhird pizza you have ordered... dude its sooooooo goood

Happy Herbs Pizza Parlor in Phnom Penh..............

6 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Too big a money earner for the cops nabbing foreigners. They would hate the loss of income. Personally I am in favour of it being de-criminalised- there are far worse substances out there. 

The cops could get a % of the taking from the legal outlets selling it . They cant make much off the busted farangs anyway . The average busted backpacker would only fork out about 2000 $ . Any more than that and its going to court anyway . Sure the porkers could get more than their their cut some way or other . Tea money from cannabis cafes etc etc .

23 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Medical reason only. 

It is still a drug and not everyone can handle it.

Ever watched a 17 year old detoxing off Hydro? spent 20 years in drug and alcohol.

Then let those that can't handle it not use it.. sometimes solutions are so simple. Why should everyone suffer to save a few. There is such a thing as own responsibility.  

I don't understand what those other drugs have to do with weed, have you ever had to detox anyone from a bit of weed.. no.. good why mention something that is totally unrelated.

Sounds a lot like the scare tactics the government used with reefer madness. 

• Like 2

I think it would be  a mistake to legalize weed in Thailand . Presently very few young Thais toke and legalizing would only encourage them to start . Nobody can say its a good thing . It is a drug and a vice though a pretty good one in my opinion .  Maybe Uruguay could provide a good model . 

Edited by sklmeeera
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, SpicyMeatball said:

Yeah right. As if half the population here aren't brain dead enough. 

Yes and you are smarter than Steve Jobs  (Apple computer) was,  Carl Sagan ( Pulitzer Prize, Emmy), Francis Crick (Nobel Prize), Margaret Mead ( 40 honourary degrees and President of both the American Anthropological Association and the American Association for the Advancement of Science) and Oliver Sacks ( Oxford graduate and professor of neurology at Columbia Medical Center).

Spicy Meatball, open your eyes and through out those prejiduces.  Smoking a joint doesnt turn you into a brain dead slacker any more than having a beer turns you into a stumbling, pant pissing drunk.  

coed.com/2011/02/02/the-10-smartest-pot-smokers-on-the-planet-cool-enough-to-admit-it

5 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

Next yaba and coke only in Thailand and see the death rate rise from nutters who use it

Yes heroin, methamphetamine too.   Because a joint is the same as a crack pipe to a blind man.

do you always take things to the exxtreme to prove a point?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, robblok said:

Then let those that can't handle it not use it.. sometimes solutions are so simple. Why should everyone suffer to save a few. There is such a thing as own responsibility.  

I don't understand what those other drugs have to do with weed, have you ever had to detox anyone from a bit of weed.. no.. good why mention something that is totally unrelated.

Sounds a lot like the scare tactics the government used with reefer madness. 

Yes, I have. They take about 10-14 days to detox. Sometimes they are left with cognitive issues. Saw a few being treated by pharma meds, once the Psychiatrists got involved you were then dealing with detox of two problems.

But that is only 20 years of working in the industry.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

Yes heroin, methamphetamine too.   Because a joint is the same as a crack pipe to a blind man.

do you always take things to the exxtreme to prove a point?  

I do not see the extreem just facts after 30 years of seeing the druggies who start on grass as we used to call it. so many cases of attacking people to get money for drugs, breaking into property, mugging people, killing people and what do they say when caught Sorry i was high on drugs. Millions of peoples lives have been ruined by these people and they should be given one chance to clean up their act or put in the ground. Me so fed up with hearing their sorry, often saw a kick in the balls or up the rear occur on arrest and never had a complaint. Drugs are for looser's who do not have the get up and go to be a normal person and are a menace to society.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Alcohol kills more people worldwide than HIV, AIDS, violence and tuberculosis combined: report

http://nationalpost.com/news/world/alcohol-kills-more-people-worldwide-than-hiv-aids-violence-and-tuberculosis-combined-report

The deadlier drug crises that we don't consider public health - Vox

www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/10/27/16557550/alcohol-tobacco-opioids-epidemic-emergency

WHO: Alcohol Abuse Kills 2.5 Million People Each Year - VOA News

www.voanews.com/a/who-alcohol-abuse-kills-25-million-people-each-year-115951079/171375.html

wakemeupplease,  what a fitting name

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

No Sir, losers are people who need to control what others do in the privacy of their own homes. People who are up tight that they feel that their intelectual abilities exceed those around them but the truth is often don t have enough education to spell words that are taught in grade six. 

Pot smokers a menace to society?   Facts?   you spout utter twaddle.  I pity you  

Please stop pushing your ' pot heads ' are ok and smoking is ok, 

Drug users are scum.  As mentioned earlier ...  there are enough nutters in the world today without anymore.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Please stop pushing your ' pot heads ' are ok and smoking is ok, 

Drug users are scum.  As mentioned earlier ...  there are enough nutters in the world today without anymore.

Please stop pushing  your right wing views..  This is a forum, the question was open to all posters, do you have the right to impose your will on others?  This isn t  the US of A and I'm not an "illegal"

Neo nazis are scum and the difference between you and I is I admit to what I am.  And in my country pot is legal and I enjoy the use of it without being persecuted by the former.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1