Hundreds of police in Thailand block anti-junta march

rooster59

Go on then all you TV posters who feel so strongly - go and join the protests.

No more pontification and bigotry from your 'safe space keyboards'.

Take the Junta on and change things.

You know what is best for Thailand.

Get out of those bars and get out on the street.

Go on - I dare you.

..................................... (cricket noises)

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Go on - I dare you.

Why should we? We've got Elvis hired for such particularly difficult procedures getting off our bar stools and away from our rented wives. 

isn't that what you're trying to say with your post?

Perhaps it's time to get the keyboard out of your thing and wake up. Not all people here would talk to you at Nana.

................................... ( Somtham making noise)

Edited by jenny2017

21 minutes ago, toughlove said:

Yes we are so suppressed we can trash the junta on a forum owned by the nation newspaper.

Snap out of it!

I can speak only about myself, but I am vague about my location, use a VPN, and am aware of the limits on posting on this forum.  These limits are what keep me and others from calling the junta what it really is and discussing other aspects of Thai politics.  I assume other junta critics take similar precautions.

19 minutes ago, ELVIS123456 said:

Go on - I dare you.

So far none of the parties in Thailand's conflicts have blamed outsiders.  It is better to keep it that way, which means outsiders should avoid active involvement in Thai politics.  Posting comments is not active involvement, though in this climate even expressing opinions can be risky.

Since you find freedom of expression so troubling, why don't you amuse yourself some other way?

2 hours ago, toughlove said:

Don't be silly, no country has had this many failed attempts at democracy.

Problem is thailand was never truly colonized so they are technically 50 years behind other democracies.

The junta is the best thing to happen for the thai people right now. A firm hand to control childish mindsets

Thailand hasn't had any genuine attempts at democracy. The generals orchestrate a facade of democracy, but from the 30's, the generals have been in charge. Every time a civilian Prime minister has been in power they have been removed when they stepped out of line.

I believe Thaksin was the only PM to finish a term, but he also got removed - twice really.

So Thailand hasn't failed its attempt at democracy, rather they failed to attempt democracy.

Edited by canuckamuck

13 minutes ago, toughlove said:

Why continue to attack me again?

Today's 200 fizzer has nothing to do with you or me we are not thai!

Reports state that there were only 70-80 activists and they were gathering for a march to highlight equal rights. Really nothing for the junta or yourself to worry with their draconian laws and fire power. 

Reports state that there were only 70-80 activists and they were gathering for a march to highlight equal rights. Really nothing for the junta or yourself to worry with their draconian laws and fire power. 
Hahaha you would make a great spin doctor, a flop is a flop

Move along now nothing to see here for the next several years [emoji3]

42 minutes ago, toughlove said:

Move along now nothing to see here for the next several years emoji3.png

Time will tell.  The Army has had its ass handed to them before.  And that happened in the space of a couple of years.  Thailand's history often repeats itself.  In hopes to retain control, they will appoint MP's.  The Thai military is not as confident as you.  They see a boarder picture.  Not sure what you see other than your belittling of brave souls. 

Edited by yellowboat

31 minutes ago, toughlove said:

Move along now nothing to see here for the next several years emoji3.png

The activists who remained at Thammasart said they would join the marchers who left Rangsit in groups of 4 yesterday at Pak Chong at the weekend in the march to Khon Kaen.

Time will tell.  The Army has had its ass handed to them before.  And that happened in the space of a couple of years.  Thailand's history often repeats itself.  In hopes to retain control, they will appoint MP's.  The Thai military is not as confident as you.  They see a boarder picture.  Not sure what you see other than your belittling of brave souls. 
Sorry but a few hundred brave souls does not equate to 60 million cowards.

Which is exactly what you are proposing.

9 minutes ago, toughlove said:

Tough talk but reel of cowardice yourself. Trigger happy soldiers with immunity do struck fear. 1976, 1992 and 2009 frightful reminders. What you proposed. People shoot dead. You happy about this. 

2 minutes ago, toughlove said:

Given the current feeling of many Thais, the junta has outlived its usefulness. Some of my customers were staunch yellow supporters.  That has changed.  As I said time will tell.

14% of the American population actually fought in the Revolution.  You put far too much emphases on numbers.  All cowards need are a few brave people to show them the way.  They need tough love from brave people.  Eventually, if things get really bad, the junta will cave in, and the cycle will start anew like last time. 

I am also on the side of the Thais who want election. You want the junta to stay. Pretty oxymoron of you. 
You speak on behalf of 60 million thais?

You lost track of the thread.

Let's see now. 200 dummies that showed their hand.

60 million content and obviously happy thais.

What side you on again? . That was rhetoricall don't answer but very noble of you to join the "movement"
[emoji57]

Please send pics! No?.. Really?... awwww... didn't think so..

3 hours ago, toughlove said:

I could organise 200 farang with just free beer. Surely a passionate political protest would do it for the cause alone

Seriously it was a shit move and they just gave the junta a free pass. If they are not arrested the junta will be seen as sympathetic.

Junta 1

Protesters 0

I like to suggest to you and steven boy to borrow prajuths and prawits hat and march the 500 km in the hot sun together with admirable 200 souls that were willing to do that when there would have been no interference of the police against peaceful protest. I just might have some admiration for you 2.

I like to suggest to you and steven boy to borrow prajuths and prawits hat and march the 500 km in the hot sun together with admirable 200 souls that were willing to do that when there would have been no interference of the police against peaceful protest. I just might have some admiration for you 2.
You out of you mind.

A. 200 idiots
B. 60 million thais that ARE NOT marching

Go for it dude please wear sunscreen and send pics.. No... Awwww.. Never mind didn't think so

11 minutes ago, toughlove said:

What side you on again? . That was rhetoricall don't answer but very noble of you to join the "movement"
emoji57.png

As I said and repeating, you on the side of a junta that seized power from an elected government, grant them self amnesty, force a military leaning referendum, keep postponing election & intimidate the population and jailed dissenters. I on the side of universal suffrage, freedom of expression and a people (1997) constitution with all elected officials. You are a kind of pariah and a minority. 

9 minutes ago, toughlove said:

You out of you mind.

A. 200 idiots
B. 60 million thais that ARE NOT marching

Go for it dude please wear sunscreen and send pics.. No... Awwww.. Never mind didn't think so

How do you know how many Thais would have joined in if the march wouldn't automatically mean to face article 44 and charges of its finest? 

A: These people were in no way idiots, more people with balls, not just an anonymous keyboard warrior.

B:The population of Thailand is around 68 million people. Where were the other eight million then? 

Why are you calling other people "dudes"? There's no dance without the dancers.

28 minutes ago, toughlove said:

emoji57.png

What is this you say: '60 million content and obviously happy thais' - Oh wow! You know 60 million thai people though you probably cannot speak more than a few words of Thai !

you are a joke, give up. 

On 20/01/2018 at 11:26 AM, robblok said:

Its stupid.. gives the junta the perfect excuse to cling onto power even longer. 

Nah. Prawit and his watch collection have already done that. Can't have elections now and leave poor Prawit in the lurch to face an elected government.

1 hour ago, toughlove said:

emoji57.png

"60 million content and obviously happy thais."

This is an insult toward your own intelligence. You have been obviously trolling I hope.

46 minutes ago, Hutch68 said:

You and Steven have to be the biggest dickheads that have ever been members of this forum, these people are hated with a passion up here in Isaan and like canucamuk said and so it begins!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Be nice, he is one of only three active junta supporters on the forum.  There might be four on a good day. 

It is also the number of yellows who are sick to death the junta as well.  Public servants are probably the few who might be happy with the lads in green.