Known Refundable Air Booking?

I am preparing for a TV application in Manila. I am not quite ready to book my actual return flight. I am looking at a throw away fare and wondered if any forum members can point me to an airline that is known to issue refundable tickets. Rather than click through the actual booking process only to find that it is NOT refundable I thought I would ask here first. Cheers

most people just buy a real ticket and don't take the flight.  look at air asia flights, they are cheap, as 1,000thb or less.  try going to cambodia or vietnam via don mueang airport (dmk).

i got a refundable fare on emirates once, bkk-hkg, but i had to pay for a business class ticket.  i got the refund so it was totally free (i used a credit card).  but after that, i just did what i described above.

when i bought the emirates ticket, i was able to cancel it a week later via their website.  it never appeared on my credit card statement so they process the refund fairly quick.  i thought my statement would show a charge and then a refund, but it didn't show anything at all.  as if the transaction never happened.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, captnhoy said:

Buick, yes, I am aware of the throwaway option. And I will do that if necessary. Exploring other options first. Thanks

Some airlines will refund the taxes paid but not the airfare portion of it as long as you cancel you flight at least 24 hours before the flight.

For some low cost flights the taxes are greater than the airfare.

air asia will refund your tax if u dont take the flight, even AFTER the flight has departed,  Know it, cause have gotten tax refunded before..

" However, you can get a refund on Airport Tax. In the situation where you did not board the flight, you may request for a refund on the Airport Tax paid, within six (6) months after the scheduled date of flight departure. You have the option of an AirAsia Credit Account or back to the original mode of payment."

https://support.airasia.com/s/article/If-I-do-not-wish-to-fly-after-purchasing-a-flight-en?language=en_GB

If u dont want to buy a throw away ticket, most airlines will sell a fully refundable economy or business class ticket to you.  Just read the fine print .

Edited by phuketrichard