Do you/would you rent in shared accommodation?

banagan

Just wondering if anyone currently is renting in shared accommodation.

I'm considering buying at some point, and see some nice 2 bed condo's. 

I've always shared in the west with no issues, just wondering how popular it is here. Are there any popular resources to see shared rental ads?

43 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

I gave you a "Like" and moved on.....then suddenly thought "Hang on".... I am sharing already with " she who must be obeyed"....bad sign.

Well, if you share with, "she who must be obeyed" then, that is a separate problem. I don't like to sleep alone, so I have always shared accommodation. Since I also prefer a woman who contributes to the relationship; we share the expenses.  

12 hours ago, smotherb said:

Well, if you share with, "she who must be obeyed" then, that is a separate problem. I don't like to sleep alone, so I have always shared accommodation. Since I also prefer a woman who contributes to the relationship; we share the expenses.  

What! In Thailand, you must be joking. Please tell where it is possible to find Thai women in Thailand who will keep us warm in our beds at night and shares the expenses?

8 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

What! In Thailand, you must be joking. Please tell where it is possible to find Thai women in Thailand who will keep us warm in our beds at night and shares the expenses?

You, like so many others, must know only women of limited capability. In any country, if you have a woman who is capable and does have a decent job, she can contribute to the relationship. However, if you pick women whose only contribution to the relationship is sex; well, then that is another story.

Flat mates are something you have when you're younger.

Sometimes it works out well but other times its a real PITA.

As Im now older and perhaps more set in my ways, there is no way in hell I'd want to go through that again.

Sure there are probably opportunities out there in order to save some money with shared accommodation but I prefer piece of mind (security wise) and my own space to as I want when I want.

That may apply to say a 3 or 4 level townhouse where people have their own floor....then you don't end up tripping over each other.

Each to their own.  But I'll stick to my space with the missus any day...don't need to babysit anyone else...?