Updating green book / renewing insurance

monorobbie

I have my motorcycle's green book in my name which I sorted out after I bought it but I'm reliably informed by a Thai person that I need to go to the Chiang Mai Provincial Land Transportation Office to pay some money to update it or pay the insurance again by Tuesday because it's running out (I've had the bike for a few months now). 

So, my question is: 

what do I have to take with me?

Obviously my motorbike, my passport with current visa and thai Immigration Departure Card in it, etc., and money.

But I was wondering is there anything else that they need? Like a TM30, or certificate of road-worthiness? 

20180120_124251.jpg

2012 pcx will be fine this time I think

Once they get over 6+ Yr old you need to get a check for road worthiness at the place outside the DLT with the cog on the sign

Or your dealer can do it all for you for a small charge and you collect the bike the following day 

You need to do the check because the motorbike is older than 5 years.

Other than that you need the greenbook and your passport. Then you buy the insurance, and then you pay the tax at the DLT.

You can read more about this on many other threads here.

2 hours ago, jackdd said:

You need to do the check because the motorbike is older than 5 years.

Other than that you need the greenbook and your passport. Then you buy the insurance, and then you pay the tax at the DLT.

You can read more about this on many other threads here.

Yes, easy process, you don't even need the passport.

Normally the guys doing the testing can also do the insurance and registration for you for a small fee.