• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, GBW said:

why is she running? to the UK?   

One reason is she owns two houses there, something we are not allowed to do here !

Many rich Thai's own property in Britain, including a lot of Generals, bolt holes for them if any heavy conflict ever started because they sure wouldn't hang around here when big portions of crap hit the fan !

Well!  all this "egg on faces" and "will she or won't she," (and that's after all the "did she or didn't she", and,  the "was she or wasn't she," ((really guilty)) etc etc.)

The truth of the matter is that the fabulously rich always have a way of finding themselves in the best place and employing the most expensive lawyers to obfuscate and delay things indefinitely:  Or for ever!!!  Her own brother, the Marcos's, the Mugabees, Idi Amin, etc etc, ad nauseum, are cases in point of people who never really had their day in court to answer for their considerable crimes.  Add this to the point that away from here is in many peoples' best interests, probably the best place for her.  Someone who knows  (or who's brother has people who know) where everyone else's bodies and jewellers are buried.  

Angus Young and Axl Rose have somethings to say on it.(More or less)  She is in "Paradise City" where "Money Talks" and "Dirty Deeds Are Done Ridiculously Expensively." 

Personally I would like to see her back here to "prove her innocence" as she always promised she would do; (and the beautiful never lie, do they?)  But. I'm not holding my breath.

4 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

He skipped a warrant, thus he is a criminal.

These things are pretty simple to understand. 

The warrant was issued after he left Thailand and he has not been convicted of any crime, thus, he is not a criminal, yet.

You're right, it's very easy to understand.

3 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

You and your band of obsessives keep banging on about this minutiae.

The rest of the World believes she was removed by a military coup which is essentially the truth and that is all that matters. 

The reason that I mention it is because it is a fact, a very substantial fact, not minutiae.  And that is all that matters when it comes to accurate statements that are relevant to her situation.

Your assertion that the rest of the world believes that she was removed by a coup is just that, your assertion.  I'd love to see you back that up with evidence that even just one country officially believes that which is, essentially, a falsehood. 

2 hours ago, Dibbler said:

My guess is that she is staying in the UK at the invitation of the government on a special business investment visa. As there is no extradition treaty between the U.K. ...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The article clearly said there IS an extradition treaty between the U. K. and Thailand.  With that being said, she used the Thai people's money to bribe her way into office.  Maybe a good prosecutor could do something with that fact.

Edited by 9KPhalak
to get the facts straight

4 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Boring. Must try harder. He skipped a warrant, Interpol have a Red Notice on him.

He is a wanted fugitive = criminal.

Now you are just going to try to argue for the sake of it when you are clearly wrong. 

Do yourself a favour, step away from the keyboard and lie down for a wee while.

"(South China Morning Post.  May 3rd, 2017) — Thai police said Wednesday they were trying to locate Red Bull heir Vorayuth Yoovidhya who reportedly fled to Singapore on his private jet days before a warrant was issued for him over a fatal hit-and-run in 2012...

Authorities finally issued an arrest warrant for the scion last week after he failed to make a final deadline to meet prosecutors...

But Vorayuth slipped out of the country just days before the warrant was issued, according to police".

You must be right, it seems!

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The British government would, however, make the final decision whether to extradite Yingluck to Thai authorities.

And they will never do it with an ex PM running away from the military junta .  

She is safe in London. 

21 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

Spot on. They are dumb as they come. Lucky to find a general with an IQ over 100 in my experience. 

Indeed.

I have got to the point where I smile sardonically whenever some poster says.."I have been here for 20 years.." as if  there is something deeply puzzling or intellectually interesting about greed and lies-greed and lies without social obloquy or legal penalty.

After reading the pro junta posters, its obvious there's only 1 or 2 posters posting under different nicks.

You can change your nick, but you can't change your style of writing or your vocabulary composition.

So be a Thai man, its obvious you are an Asian like me, have the integrity to stick to one nick rather then pretending there are so many supporters of P.

2 hours ago, Dibbler said:

Mr Google Scholar check your legal citations more carefully, the ancient history you quoted was repealed and replaced in 2008. This is a politically motivated stunt and the U.K. extradition Act specifically invalidates any request from any country that might be tinged with such a flavour.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Follow your own advice:

"The Extradition Act 2551 (C.E. 2008) now applies to all extradition proceedings from Thailand. This Act repeals and replaces the Extradition Act 2472 (C.E. 1929). It must be noted that the Act is subject to the provisions of any treaties concerning extradition between the government of Thailand or any other international agency."
Pertinent wording: "... all extradition proceedings from Thailand." This is an act internal to the Kingdom and does not repeal existing treaties with foreign nations.

"Section 4 This Act shall be enforced upon the extradition that is not contradictory to or consistent with provisions of the treaty respecting extradition between the Government of Thailand and Foreign Country or international organization."

How is that egg tasting?

12 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

"(South China Morning Post.  May 3rd, 2017) — Thai police said Wednesday they were trying to locate Red Bull heir Vorayuth Yoovidhya who reportedly fled to Singapore on his private jet days before a warrant was issued for him over a fatal hit-and-run in 2012...

Authorities finally issued an arrest warrant for the scion last week after he failed to make a final deadline to meet prosecutors...

But Vorayuth slipped out of the country just days before the warrant was issued, according to police".

You must be right, it seems!

Your user name is very at.

Ok a few question.

1. He is aware there is a warrant, not politically motivated, yet he has not come back, is he a criminal?

2. Someone murders a family member of your (not the red bull clown, I am aware this was not murder as there was no intention) but has not yet been caught by the police, or charged or found guilty, is he not a criminal based on the act he commtted?

There is a difference between a criminal and a convicted criminal in only so much as one has been found guilty in a court..

3 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

The military appointed Constitutional Court, appointed by the military after the last coup. You can fill in the blanks....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

She is FREE.

This mob of mentally challenged wombats will never get her back.

One day the Thai people will open the door to their Skinner Box and step free.

I have every faith in what is,essentially,a wonderful culture which will shrug off the appalling dead weight of chocolate soldiers and a Transylvanian religion.

17 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

The military appointed Constitutional Court, appointed by the military after the last coup. You can fill in the blanks....

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Most of the members of the constitutional court were appointed in 2008 were they not -- after the 2007 election.  Many of the members are supreme court justices....  While I think there is a double standard, it looks as though in your zeal of hatred for the current junta you are in fact seem to be spreading misinformation.  I don't remember them being replaced after the coup in 2013.

32 minutes ago, Ludo55 said:

Having a Red Notice with Interpol obviously means nothing. Take Red Bull as a prime example, as if he’s hiding

Regarding Ms Yingluck there is no Red Notice. 
If there is a Red Notice. it is an advisory only. It is up to the nation where the alleged criminal is located if they will honor it anyway. So far Thailand has not provided information that meets the requirements of Interpol for issuing such, as her case was prosecuted in a blatantly political manner.

So if Boss is so easily located, pray tell us where he is? He was last officially seen in Taipei, mid September of last year. It would appear that, yes, indeed, he is hiding. If you have billions and a private jet it is easy to stay "lost".

It seems the statutes of limitations on three of the four charges against him have expired. The charge for causing death will run until 2027.

I suppose it's case of the Junta having gone to far on this one. If they drop it, it'll be loss of face and if they don't they'll probably dig themselves into a deeper hole. They should have ensured that she wasn't able to leave Thailand and there wouldn't all this running around...but they didn't and Yingluk did. I think they qualify as idiots? 

2 minutes ago, Bill Miller said:

Regarding Ms Yingluck there is no Red Notice. 
If there is a Red Notice. it is an advisory only. It is up to the nation where the alleged criminal is located if they will honor it anyway. So far Thailand has not provided information that meets the requirements of Interpol for issuing such, as her case was prosecuted in a blatantly political manner.

So if Boss is so easily located, pray tell us where he is? He was last officially seen in Taipei, mid September of last year. It would appear that, yes, indeed, he is hiding. If you have billions and a private jet it is easy to stay "lost".

It seems the statutes of limitations on three of the four charges against him have expired. The charge for causing death will run until 2027.

It will expire unless they do the right thing -- and that is to change the law to suspend the clock if someone has fled the jurisdiction.

41 minutes ago, balo said:

And they will never do it with an ex PM running away from the military junta .  

She is safe in London. 

In fact, it is British government POLICY that insures Yingluck will not be extradited. The UK, like America, does not extradite those caught up in illegal coups. They do not even consider these cases.

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

Can you just imagine the faces of all the TV farang nayers who said it would never happen ...

I'm not saying it will .... but there will be egg on alot of members faces if it ever comes to fruition.

however, Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha recently said that the extradition process was “generally uneasy”.

As a matter of fact, I cannot imagine.....:-)

9 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

It will expire unless they do the right thing -- and that is to change the law to suspend the clock if someone has fled the jurisdiction.

Change the law?

Suspend the clock?

Make it  retrospective?

Uh..ha..the ultimate form of legal chicanery..espoused by ...

Yes,ladies and Gentleman..here we are in 1453...not a cloud in the sky...

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

My point is that Yingluck was not Prime Minister at the time of the coup.  Would you like me to tell you who was or can you research that yourself?

By the way, you want to be careful with your flaming/personal attacks.

So you have no point to make at all.I have already said most of us are aware of the sequence of events in which a judicial coup immediately preceded the military coup.I suppose you think that there was no connection between the two.

The following gives an accurate summary of events.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/all-you-need-to-know-about-the-thai-coup

3 hours ago, Bill Miller said:

Where do you get the notion that there is no extradition treaty? Ten seconds to type an inquiry in Google will bring you the text of: 

"Treaty of Extradition between. Thailand and Great Britain. Signed Bangkok on 4th March 1911."

Why Google it, it's in the article itself, if you read it!

39 minutes ago, kingkenny said:

Your user name is very at.

Ok a few question.

1. He is aware there is a warrant, not politically motivated, yet he has not come back, is he a criminal?

2. Someone murders a family member of your (not the red bull clown, I am aware this was not murder as there was no intention) but has not yet been caught by the police, or charged or found guilty, is he not a criminal based on the act he commtted?

There is a difference between a criminal and a convicted criminal in only so much as one has been found guilty in a court..

I'm sure that your user name is very "at", too, whatever that means.

1.  No, he is not.

2.  No, he is not.  How could he be if he hasn't been charged (Vorayuth has been charged) and found guilty?

"There is a difference between a criminal and a convicted criminal in only so much as one has been found guilty in a court.."

No, that's a ridiculous statement as before someone has a criminal conviction that person is not a criminal, by definition, in any sense of the word.

26 minutes ago, jayboy said:

So you have no point to make at all.I have already said most of us are aware of the sequence of events in which a judicial coup immediately preceded the military coup.I suppose you think that there was no connection between the two.

The following gives an accurate summary of events.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/all-you-need-to-know-about-the-thai-coup

On the contrary, my point is valid as your own link confirms (not that it needed confirming).  From that link..."Yingluck Shinawatra was removed by the Constitutional Court this month for abuse of power".

I know that you have already stated the sequence of events, that confirms exactly what I said, but just because you have now stated it more than once does make the fact that she was not ousted by a military coup incorrect or inaccurate.  The acting Prime Minister who was effectively ousted by the coup was Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan along with his Government.

Edited by Just Weird