Prescription Sunglasses in BKK

Covertjay

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Most people find ordering glasses is the best option here - normally have within 2 weeks at most.  This is firm I have used several times and others have reported good success with.

https://www.zennioptical.com/

Most people order online, is that right?  That would explain why there are so many opticians' shops everywhere in Bangkok, I suppose?

Most on forum order - most Thai are not aware of the option.  The reason for the many sales shops is franchise and extremely high profit margin on sales - one sale a day likely pays the bills.  Glasses are very high priced here from such shops - and exceptions (non chain shops with reasonable price) are few and far between.

32 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Most on forum order - most Thai are not aware of the option.  The reason for the many sales shops is franchise and extremely high profit margin on sales - one sale a day likely pays the bills.  Glasses are very high priced here from such shops - and exceptions (non chain shops with reasonable price) are few and far between.

I agree with you 100%. I have used Zenni and had a great experience with them, and my transition bi-focal lenses where perfect. 

7 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

"Most on forum order - most Thai are not aware of the option".

"Most on forum order" does not make sense, what do you mean? 

Most Thais are not aware that they can buy online?  As this is Thailand, by virtue of your claim it therefore obviously means that most do not buy online!

The reason for so many shops with more opening is that there is business for them and to say that one sale per day pays the bills is farcical. Unless you've got accounts to show, of course.

On 1/21/2018 at 12:19 PM, Just Weird said:

Most people order online, is that right?  That would explain why there are so many opticians' shops everywhere in Bangkok, I suppose?

Have you ever seen customers in those opticians' shops? There's a rumour going around that they are used for money laundering.

3 hours ago, Thian said:

Have you ever seen customers in those opticians' shops? There's a rumour going around that they are used for money laundering.

Yes, I have, I use the largest of them personally so I do see customers.

A rumour?  Where?  You mean here on Thaivisa, started or promulgated by you?  What a joke.

Edited by Just Weird

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, I have, I use the largest of them personally so I do see customers.

A rumour?  Where?  You mean here on Thaivisa, started or promulgated by you?  What a joke.

There are loads of them with a lot of staff in white clothes but they never ever have customers.

Maybe you should ask the locals what happens in those shops.

51 minutes ago, Thian said:

There are loads of them with a lot of staff in white clothes but they never ever have customers.

Maybe you should ask the locals what happens in those shops.

"...they never ever have customers".  ?

Why do you post such rubbish? 

Why should I ask, I'm not the one doubting the reason for the shops existence!

If you do know what happens in those shops maybe you should spill the beans instead of rumour-mongering; if you don't know then maybe you should keep quiet.

Edited by Just Weird

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

"...they never ever have customers".  ?

Why do you post such rubbish? 

Why should I ask, I'm not the one doubting the reason for the shops existence!

If you do know what happens in those shops maybe you should spill the beans instead of rumour-mongering; if you don't know then maybe you should keep quiet.

I know very well what happens there, that's why i told you to ask the locals about it instead of writing this nonsense.

I’ve used this place for ten years or so, it’s a family run business and I’ve always had very good service for all my optical needs, it’s quite popular and has received good reviews from other members of this forum
I normally use their branch opposite Sukhumvit 22.
http://www.siamoptic.com

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 22/01/2018 at 9:13 PM, theoldgit said:

I’ve used this place for ten years or so, it’s a family run business and I’ve always had very good service for all my optical needs, it’s quite popular and has received good reviews from other members of this forum
I normally use their branch opposite Sukhumvit 22.
http://www.siamoptic.com

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Nice, thanks. I like to try them on so not keen to order online. Thanks again!

I don't think the zenni site is in Thai, but they have 30 million sales, and their own factory.  Tinting is 20,50,80% you choose..80 is great on high UV days.  20 is almost nothing.  5 us extra.  Something tells me the same folks that can't mail in their 90 day reports, can't use zenni. Thailand is LOS,with many great dentists, it is anything but land of good vision; peripheral, distance, night, or otherwise....they rarely wear sunglasses, too.  Hat and sunglasses are your best friend...