webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

In this case an assassination is being labelled as being mafioso, does that not at least satisfy you?  

Do follow the thread .

We have been agreed that this is organised crime upon and now we are talking about generally , the general  word "mafia" and whom, it applies too

18 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Do follow the thread .

We have been agreed that this is organised crime upon and now we are talking about generally , the general  word "mafia" and whom, it applies too

I have followed it and you keep returning to this boring moan about the use of the word, incessant complaints that are really just evidence that you do not understand how language evolves.  What I can never understand is why some people want to tell others how to use words.

1 minute ago, Kieran00001 said:

I have followed it and you keep returning to this boring moan about the use of the word, incessant complaints that are really just evidence that you do not understand how language evolves.  What I can never understand is why some people want to tell others how to use words.

I do understand how language evolves , maybe I am just to precise , I just think that the word "Mafia" should be used for the Mafia , The American/Italian guys .

Israeli gangsters have their own name , as do other gangs .

You may believe that shoplifters should be called mafia , I dont .

I am not telling you what to do, just stating my view

4 minutes ago, HidyHo said:

The irony of this is just too much :passifier:

Man, you got a lot to say about nuthin' in this thread ... 

You didnt really make any point , you just erroneously stated that I was being ironic , without giving an explanation , maybe you should trying saying "sumtin" ?

May be u from da street, where u all ganstas ?

Edited by sanemax

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You didnt really make any point , you just erroneously stated that I was being ironic , without giving an explanation , maybe you should trying saying "sumtin" ?

May be u from da street, where u all ganstas ?

I made my point but you're too busy posting to see the error of your way.

I'll give away the farm.  I'm not an Engrish teacher but look at my use of "too" vs. your use of "to" .. ain't nuthin' precise about dat!!!

2 hours ago, glasswort said:

If these people are known to be criminals how did they enter the country and, apart from the obvious reason why are they allowed to remain?

The elephant in the room - I have difficulty in accepting that the various malefactors from what ever country are not put up on a Interpol ( or other ) watch list if they have recent form in violent/ serious crime. 

That being the case, it would seem axiomatic to the immigration police job /duty description to have a closer look and set in place a follow up on known criminals. I understand that folk travel on fake passports but this once again is check able although with some time constraint.

9 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

The original was the Sicilian mafia, but the Mafia in Calabria followed close behind.

And the term is specifically connected with arbitration not just a basic organization of crime, what all mafias have in common is extrajudicial hearings and punishments.

Thais call all criminals mafia. Just their way.

15 minutes ago, rott said:

Thais call all criminals mafia. Just their way.

this is correct, thais do use mafia as a general term when talking about crime, not specifically about organised crime. i guess they picked it up from the movies.

BTW scala cinema in bangkok is showing godfather and godfather II on consecutive sundays in february if anyone's interested

2 hours ago, Grumpy Duck said:
9 hours ago, dotpoom said:

" a car slamming into Maor Maluon's motorcycle repeatedly,"

Not in my Video ....one time?

Another thing I failed to notice was the "wife" I only saw males. 

I think the video we saw picks up the action after the first collision, and after the guy has helped his wife to the side of the road. I guess there is no CCTV coverage of 'part I'.

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I think the video we saw picks up the action after the first collision, and after the guy has helped his wife to the side of the road. I guess there is no CCTV coverage of 'part I'.

I was guessing such, however so many were talking about events not recorded

7 hours ago, samsensam said:

this is correct, thais do use mafia as a general term when talking about crime, not specifically about organised crime. i guess they picked it up from the movies.

BTW scala cinema in bangkok is showing godfather and godfather II on consecutive sundays in february if anyone's interested

I’ve even heard Soi dogs being called mafia dogs. Well connected some of them mutts, so watch out.