Dash Cam--Moderately Priced Recommendations

Hi,

My wife wants to get a dashcam for her Honda Jazz and I'd be most appreciative of moderately priced recommendations.

She's looking for it to turn on automatically when she starts the car and have no visible wires.  Her budget is somewhere between 1,500-2,500 THB.

If more info is needed, I'd be happy to post it once informed.

Thanks!

PS--I know there are several threads on dashcams, but since it's 2018 I'd like to get up to date recommendations.   :smile:

• Like 1

I also bought mine from Lazada for under 1000 baht, still working after nearly 3 years. There's hundreds to choose from in that price range, much of a muchness. You will still need someone to install it if you want the wires hidden, unless you are prepared to pull out roof lining etc yourself. They all turn on automatically if connected to the vehicle's power. You could also do a Google search for best dash cam under 2500 baht.

Edited by giddyup
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

I reckon there's little to choose from in quality around the 1500 baht mark, they're probably al much of the same thing. Remember to budget for a high quality (Class 10?) micro memory chip as well. It's not much good without it. Also buy a 1 to 2 cig lighter adaptor so you don't need to unplug the camera to charge your phone.

Points to look for ...... wide angle view 160 degrees at least ...... night vision lights come on automatically ..... seamless looping (ie no gap between videos, but I think that's industry standard nowadays). Get the seller to set the instruction mode to English for you!!

As for fitting it ..... diy. I've fitted several and always found somewhere to hide the cable. You should start at the camera end first. I have always found a space between the windscreen and the headcloth where I could push the cable into. Go either left or right across the top of the screen to the door pillar. If the plastic pillar cover is not easily removable to hide the cable, then peel back the rubber door seal and come down the pillar with the cable. Once you've got to the lower dash level, come out with the cable and go across to your cigarette lighter. This is the point where you may be glad you started at the camera end ...... if there's any extra cable then hide it under the dash.

Easy peasy.

47 minutes ago, ThaiWai said:

I use Yi Dashcam.  A deal at 1600 baht. No problems over a year.  Transfers video to your phone while you at the scene of an accident.  

https://www.lazada.com.ph/xiaomi-yi-smart-dashcam-car-dvr-camera-grey-7657180.html

Remember if your image display a clear license plate its worthless.

Stroke of luck at those lights ... no one went through at red ... I also want one that shows speed ...maybe that's a miss for you ...

Edited by JAS21

Bought a DVR Vehicle Blackbox DVR (A8) a while ago has both front and rear cameras. The screen automatically turns off after 3 1/2  minutes but optionally kept on. Front camera can be removed and used independently. `170 degree angle. For two I paid 3,900  B including fitting. 1080HD with good quality pictures.  Made by Shenzhen Yuchengweiye Technology. 

• 8 months later...
On 1/24/2018 at 9:54 AM, a10ams said:

I reckon there's little to choose from in quality around the 1500 baht mark, they're probably al much of the same thing. Remember to budget for a high quality (Class 10?) micro memory chip as well. It's not much good without it. Also buy a 1 to 2 cig lighter adaptor so you don't need to unplug the camera to charge your phone.

Points to look for ...... wide angle view 160 degrees at least ...... night vision lights come on automatically ..... seamless looping (ie no gap between videos, but I think that's industry standard nowadays). Get the seller to set the instruction mode to English for you!!

As for fitting it ..... diy. I've fitted several and always found somewhere to hide the cable. You should start at the camera end first. I have always found a space between the windscreen and the headcloth where I could push the cable into. Go either left or right across the top of the screen to the door pillar. If the plastic pillar cover is not easily removable to hide the cable, then peel back the rubber door seal and come down the pillar with the cable. Once you've got to the lower dash level, come out with the cable and go across to your cigarette lighter. This is the point where you may be glad you started at the camera end ...... if there's any extra cable then hide it under the dash.

Easy peasy.

i read your post and really like this .....????

On 1/24/2018 at 9:54 AM, a10ams said:

Easy peasy.

i read your post and really like this .....????